Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The intake manifold has a plug at the bottom, pull it and drain the water. On my STX12F it is just a short bolt.

+1
    Quick update
    Not2fast. I changed the filter for # 5 and 6. That filter was snug as a bug from the factory. Anyway, 4 looks great, a little darker than new and for 5 I added some Marvel Mystery Oil and I guess so left over in 6. A total of 6 oil changes today. 5 hour labor, this would have been expensive at the dealer for sure.

so after the 3rd oil change, I called the dealer to give them an update. Said since it now starts, keep changing the oil until it looks clean. Itís clean but not clear as new and I guess the MMO does help the color. Anyway, dealer wants me to take it out for a test run and get back to them.

quick note. Ski starts fine, idle fine, and Revs fine.

So nothing else to do but to take it out and test it. Iíll post a follow up. Thanks for all the help so far. 👍
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6B00F723-4192-4757-8806-1E954BAE83D7.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	465067  

+1
    I think you're good. I generally like MMO, but don't run it in my 'Skis. The only additive I use is CamGuard, about half a bottle per oil change.

+1
    Figure I would give the ski 1 more start today before taking her out tomorrow. Starts, idles and revs fine again. Ran it for 10 min. Oil on the dip stick is clean. Will report back tomorrow evening.

+1
    Got out today and ran ski for about 60min. At least 30 min was hard and fast. SLO key topped out 5800RPM and hit 45mph. Green key, still getting use to it but 50 was plenty fast for me. Both keys ran like before, no hiccups or hesitation. Just pull the trigger and ski took off. Oil is still clean, no signs of water. Just to be safe, will do another oil and filter change. Will try and get out tomorrow and run longer. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to also unplug all connections, clean with a anti-corrosion spray and reseal with Dielectric grease.

Also. Is there a fuel water separator on Jetskis? My Evinrude outboard has one under the cowling and I have another on the boat as well. What about a fuel filter?

+1
    I've never seen a fuel/water separator on these from the factory, but I haven't seen a 2020 STX 160. You might check the owner's manual.

+1
    Basically I’m going by what the signs and symptoms are if water is in the tank. Sputtering, hesitation and loss of power. Water sinks to the bottom so if is in The tank, some should/will get sucked up into the engine. Again. So far no signs and symptoms of water in the tank while doing the 6 oil changes, soon to be 7 or while I was running the ski yesterday.

The manual does not mention anything about a fuel water separator so I guess the answer is no.

This baby will need a lot more TLC than the LX for sure. Just spoke to the dealer, response was,”EXCELLENT”and To run it as much as possible. Also said if water was in the tank, it would have shown by now. No need to bring it in until 25 hour service.
    Last edited by limshady88; 07-31-2020 at 01:27 PM.

+1
    I agree with the dealer. Don't worry about it, go play!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information