+1

Kawasaki 2020 STX 160LX radio LCD screen stuck

Hi all. I have a new STX 160LX that has been trouble free until today. The radio display is showing a string of numbers/letters at start up and I cannot change any feature of the radio whatsoever. I’ve tried shutting down the ski completely, re-inserting the key a few times but this message persists. I disconnected & ‘forget device’ the Kawasaki Bluetooth from my phone, and I was able to reconnect to Bluetooth automatically without manual pairing, that did not resolve this either. Any help would be hugely appreciated, this is driving me crazy!
    Best regards

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E8E0BE25-DF4D-468E-8F78-CF3263A52484.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	464913  

+1
    Have the same ski. The message that you see GMR-3KJ is the model number of the Hifonics head unit. Sounds like it’s stuck there? None of the buttons allow you to select anything? I would maybe disconnect the battery or see if you can get to the back of the head unit and make sure all the connections are tight. Keep us posted.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by limshady88 View Post
    Have the same ski. The message that you see GMR-3KJ is the model number of the Hifonics head unit. Sounds like it’s stuck there? None of the buttons allow you to select anything? I would maybe disconnect the battery or see if you can get to the back of the head unit and make sure all the connections are tight. Keep us posted.
    Thanks for the info and taking the time to reply. You’re correct, that message is now displayed at start-up and regardless of any button press, it does not change. My dealer is closed until Tuesday so official word will have to wait until then but I’ll see if I can make some headway with your info. Thanks!

5. +1 by:

+1
    Update: finally got the ski to the dealer. The dealer techs were unsuccessful. They called Kawasaki directly, and a rep told them this was the first time they’ve seen this issue (just my luck!). My dealer will replace the entire unit and filed a warranty claim, however it’s backordered so I’ll have to wait.

Thread Information