Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm completely new to this ”ski world", but I keep seeing the same questions being asked over and over and coming from a "hyper sled" background I can tell you with confidence that fuel economy is solely dependant on the ” fun flipper" usage and the weight of the vehicle. You want a ski that will do 70 mph, it's going to burn the same fuel NA as it will for a supercharged motor. It's simple physics. Sure you can make the NA motor go 65-70 with some add ons, but why not just buy the right ski for the job from the get go? If fuel range is the concern then lay off the throttle when you have many miles in between fill stations.
    It's quite funny to me to here these same concerns coming from the snowmobile world. Guys want to run 300hp sleds but want the best fuel economy! You are willing to spend thousands of dollars to mod your toy, but don't want to put the gas in that is going to burn! Hell, if I barely push on my GMC AT4 gas peddle I can make it to the next gas station and get 26 mpg! Grandpa's going to pass me along the way but I just saved .33 cents getting there! Common sense, will prevail!

Steve
    Last edited by SkiPilot; 11-23-2020 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Typo

+1
    Don’t forget the cheaper up front purchase price of a N/A ski as well as reliability and long term maintenance and cost to own.

3. +1 by:

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandini View Post
    ... Itís about range and the availability of gas in remote areas. In many cases if gas is available, premium gas is not.

Was wanting to do some cruising and site seeing from time to time. ...

This is what I use for extended distance cruising on inland waters.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post3097013

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandini View Post
    ... cheaper up front purchase price of a N/A ski as well as reliability and long term maintenance and cost to own.
    The Yamaha SVHO engine has the same maintenance schedule as the HO engine. Same oil and filter change intervals, with the same oil. The rest of the GP1800 hull and running gear also the same for maintenance.

The SVHO clutch is a wear item. Typical replacement interval is 200-300 running hours. Can be changed in an afternoon. Note that for 2021 the SVHO clutch has been upgraded, presumably will provide even greater durability.

The jet pump impeller on SVHO models has a much steeper blade pitch, which means the SVHO engine turns less RPM to deliver the same hull speed as the HO would at higher RPM. Mid-range RPM cruising with SVHO provides similar travel range to the HO running at the same hull speed, but higher RPM.

Yes, the SVHO model costs more to purchase. And it requires 91 octane gasoline which also costs more.

We do a lot of all-day rides covering distance. Our two 2017 GP1800 SVHO have been excellent. Close to 300 hours on each now.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Nice pictures. Can you tell us where they were taken? Also, is your gas can setup there homemade?

+1
    The thread I linked to describes how that gas can rig was made.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post3097013

Location was the French River south of Lake Nipissing in Ontario, Canada.
    Google Earth Link https://earth.app.goo.gl/bBnYuD

On that trip the extra fuel was a precaution as we did not know exactly what route we would ride nor what the total round trip distance would be. Turned out that we had just enough in the main fuel tanks. But knowing that we had that much ‘extra’ meant no-one in the group of four PWC was worried about running out in an area with very few sources of gasoline. We carried the extra fuel for everyone on the two GP1800.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information