Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesyfxr View Post
    Search for a R&D plate. We scored one off FB back in January.
    R&D plates are much faster than a Riva plate on a gpr. Put a post on the forum looking for a used one.

2. +1 by:

Had a chance to take the ski on water today. After switching to stock exhaust and a Dynafly 14/20 impeller, I'm at 64.5 mph GPS under same conditions. 2 mph improvement. What do you guys think? Should I be slightly faster with 14/20?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gp1300r07 View Post
    Had a chance to take the ski on water today. After switching to stock exhaust and a Dynafly 14/20 impeller, I'm at 64.5 mph GPS under same conditions. 2 mph improvement. What do you guys think? Should I be slightly faster with 14/20?
    That's probably about right. Is that with the trim all the way up? There are not really any parts on the ski to improve speed at this point besides the 14/20 prop. If you were to remove the air box, add some compression, add an off set flywheel key way to advance the timing (worth 60+ rpm) , and if you can find some V-force reeds (worth 120+rpm) for it and a Efi controller. That will probably give 2-3 mph. With the additional power your rpms will be 7300-7400 so you can then pitch the 14/20 to a 14/22 to 14/23 and gain even more mph. But the most important bang for the money is going to be a ride plate. A modified aftermarket ride with a lot of angle and clearance fitted correctly can be worth 4-5 mph over stock.

If you are going for all out top speed, put an r&d intake grate meant for a gpr800 on your gpr1300, its worth 1-2mph on top but will cavitate on hole shot.
    I had an '06 gpr1300 that went 78mph with just bolt ons back in 2006. All of these things add up.
    Last edited by Ronn25; 08-09-2020 at 10:48 PM.

5. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by Ronn25 View Post
    That's probably about right. Is that with the trim all the way up? There are not really any parts on the ski to improve speed at this point besides the 14/20 prop. If you were to remove the air box, add some compression, add an off set flywheel key way to advance the timing (worth 60+ rpm) , and if you can find some V-force reeds (worth 120+rpm) for it and a Efi controller. That will probably give 2-3 mph. With the additional power your rpms will be 7300-7400 so you can then pitch the 14/20 to a 14/22 to 14/23 and gain even more mph. But the most important bang for the money is going to be a ride plate. A modified aftermarket ride with a lot of angle and clearance fitted correctly can be worth 4-5 mph over stock.

If you are going for all out top speed, put an r&d intake grate meant for a gpr800 on your gpr1300, its worth 1-2mph on top but will cavitate on hole shot.
    I had an '06 gpr1300 that went 78mph with just bolt ons back in 2006. All of these things add up.

That was with trim in neutral. Seems to be the best position. I forgot to mention that I stepped my stock sponsons as well.

After riding with the 14/20 prop, the ski feels a bit less responsive to throttle. Could that be true or its just in my head? Honestly I'm not looking for all out top speed. I would like to be at 68-70 mph with good throttle response for wave jumping and stuff. And I'm definitely looking for a ride plate.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gp1300r07 View Post
    That was with trim in neutral. Seems to be the best position. I forgot to mention that I stepped my stock sponsons as well.

After riding with the 14/20 prop, the ski feels a bit less responsive to throttle. Could that be true or its just in my head? Honestly I'm not looking for all out top speed. I would like to be at 68-70 mph with good throttle response for wave jumping and stuff. And I'm definitely looking for a ride plate.
    Yes the 14/20 is a little tall for a stock engine. You can either pitch it down or add some power. Usually full up trim is best on smooth water for top speed. A good plate will can get it close to 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronn25 View Post
    Yes the 14/20 is a little tall for a stock engine. You can either pitch it down or add some power. Usually full up trim is best on smooth water for top speed. A good plate will can get it close to 70.
    I hope to take the ski out again this weekend to spend more time learning how the ski rides. When I hit the full throttle it takes a second or two before it pulls hard. Don't remember having this issue with stock impeller. The stock one was cavitating for sure though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information