Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ran into rocks hull repair needed

Hi Guys,

My fiancé lost control of our new GTX 300 limited and ran into a bunch of rocks. No one was hurt but the boat has a huge gash and has some scrapes and sings on it. How much do you think this repair will cost? Got estimates of about $2500. Very sad days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	765E2F4C-FC31-416A-8093-1BBABA1E31F4.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	464739   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13E426B5-0042-4B0E-B2F0-3027F2D41682.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	464740  

+1
    I'm guessing you don't have insurance, right? If you do, just take it to a shop and have the adjuster from the insurance company deal with it.

No Insurance. Guy quoted me $2800. Just finding someone was hard enough. One boat place was so surprised to see the acrylic ABS! He didn't know how to fix it. Bunch of other marina's wouldn't even touch it. Definitely getting insurance for the other ski tomorrow. Ugh.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjkopa View Post
    No Insurance. Guy quoted me $2800. Just finding someone was hard enough. One boat place was so surprised to see the acrylic ABS! He didn't know how to fix it. Bunch of other marina's wouldn't even touch it. Definitely getting insurance for the other ski tomorrow. Ugh.
    $2800 man that sucks, but imagine if instead of hitting rock/ground. You hit someone, you'd be adding atleast 3 more zeroes to that bill. I'd get it repaired and sell it and buy a replacement ski. A hole that size, i personally wouldn't be comfortable with any type of repair. Hull delamination at speed is no fun, don't ask how i know Most importantly your wife is ok and she put first scratch on it hahaha

+1
    Sorry to hear about your accident. First few advice from the dealer after we signed was to get insurance, read the manual, and do the boater safety course. Said, doesn’t matter how experience you are (we are newbies) accidents happen. Insurance wasn’t too expensiv, less than $400 for full coverage for the year. I also, called BoatUS but I already have a member ship for my boat so it’s covered. I would call the dealer and ask them or any SeaDoo dealer for that matter. They maybe able to point you in the right direction. Would not trust it with just anyone since it’s not fiberglass. Good luck and keep us posted.

+1
    This is BRP repair manual. Go to operatorsguides.brp.com

On the bottom click on menu, then owners zone, then operators guide, then at top left of screen, select seadoo watercraft, then hull-body repair, then acrylic surface, then at the bottom click on EN.

This will tell you everything about your hull
    Last edited by K447; 08-12-2020 at 09:45 PM.

+1
    It's brp.com not brp.cpm. Had caterack surgery yesterday and everything is fuzzy.

My Jet Ski drinks more than yours Glenozzy's Avatar
    +1
    first get a new girl friend .................... you might do better with a hull swap

UPDATE: Got ski back. Found a guy who actually knew what he was doing. Looks like nothing happened. The outer shell which is made from acrylic abs plastic was repaired with an epoxy. Couldn't be happier!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjkopa View Post
    UPDATE: Got ski back. Found a guy who actually knew what he was doing. Looks like nothing happened. The outer shell which is made from acrylic abs plastic was repaired with an epoxy. Couldn't be happier!
    How much for?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information