Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ECU & Data Storage

Thinking about buying a flashed ECU instead of sending my ECU out to be flashed (donít want to deal with down time). Is there anything needed to be programmed with keys etc when it returns?

Will hours be reset to 0 on the ski or is that info stored elsewhere? RPM logs?

you can purchase the MAPTUNER X and flash the ECU yourself. can swap tunes in under 5minutes. Keep your current ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by bryan.daniel1990@gmail.co View Post
    you can purchase the MAPTUNER X and flash the ECU yourself. can swap tunes in under 5minutes. Keep your current ECU.
    I had quite a few issues with MapTuner/tunes on my old ski - looking to use a diff method. Thanks though!

+1
    Not trying to hijack your thread, but can you send your ECU's anyplace to be tested? 2008 FX SHO wont start. Yamaha says either ECU or wire harness. Both are a grand. Would rather send out ECU for verification before parts changing.
    Last edited by bruce0429; 07-17-2020 at 12:21 PM. Reason: typo

I think it seems to be common to have problems with the 08 SHO ecu. I have two with issues...

+1
    call dean's and set up an appointment to have yours done. If you coordinate with them you can have it done and back on the water for the next weekend. might just cost you a few extra dollars in shipping for the appropriate speed. Ive had turn around service inside of the week when scheduled with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Saum700p View Post
    call dean's and set up an appointment to have yours done. If you coordinate with them you can have it done and back on the water for the next weekend. might just cost you a few extra dollars in shipping for the appropriate speed. Ive had turn around service inside of the week when scheduled with them.

Iím less concerned with the cost - moreover the downtime and what a ďnew ecuĒ actually stores. I.E - flash a ski, have a problem with the flashed ski, swap back to stock ECU. Can dealers see that? Or are rpm logs stored elsewhere?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Engine hours are stored in the ECU and in the dash unit. My understanding is that the ECU log history is not changeable.

Dealer can compare the two running hour logs to detect when the original ECU has been swapped out, then reinstalled much later.

Your giving most dealers too much credit. The ones here hardly know an engine from a pump lol

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicybusa View Post
    ... dealers ...
    If there is a major warranty repair claim Yamaha may instruct the dealer to extract all the numbers and report them to Yamaha as part of the claim process.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information