Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Saum700p View Post
    call dean's and set up an appointment to have yours done. If you coordinate with them you can have it done and back on the water for the next weekend. might just cost you a few extra dollars in shipping for the appropriate speed. Ive had turn around service inside of the week when scheduled with them.
    Forgive my ignorance, but who or what is "deans" that you are referencing?

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Engine hours are stored in the ECU and in the dash unit. My understanding is that the ECU log history is not changeable.

Dealer can compare the two running hour logs to detect when the original ECU has been swapped out, then reinstalled much later.

Thank you - thatís exactly what I wanted to confirm...there goes my idea lol

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce0429 View Post
    ... who or what is "deans" ... ?
    Dean is one of the aftermarket ECU tune suppliers.
    Riva MaptunerX is another.

Both are listed in the GH forumís online performance store.

There are differences in how the tune is delivered to your watercraft. And how tune changes are accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by K447
    Engine hours are stored in the ECU and in the dash unit. My understanding is that the log history is not changeable.

Dealer can compare the two running hour logs to detect when the original ECU has been swapped out, then reinstalled much later.
    Quote Originally Posted by IanM88 View Post
    Thank you - thatís exactly what I wanted to confirm...there goes my idea lol
    I'm not trying to challenge K447, But is his understanding a fact? Can anyone else chime in? Thanks for helping a newbe.

Quote Originally Posted by Davegott View Post
    I'm not trying to challenge K447, But is his understanding a fact? Can anyone else chime in? Thanks for helping a newbe.
    If you are concerned about warranty this is what some do. Take the original ECU and original gauge off together, put in a used ECU tuned with a dedicated cluster for that tuned ecu. If you have issues replace them with the stock original units. I dont of any other way they could know the amount of hours on the unit.

+1
    Who's to say you didn't have to replace the cluster at some point because of damage and thus that's why the hours don't match ecu.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGPR View Post
    If you are concerned about warranty this is what some do. Take the original ECU and original gauge off together, put in a used ECU tuned with a dedicated cluster for that tuned ecu. If you have issues replace them with the stock original units. I dont of any other way they could know the amount of hours on the unit.
    Yup that is correct the ECU and Cluster swap.
    The ECU records if the motor ever goes over xxxx RPM (lets say 8K). It also has an hour meter. If the hour meter on the cluster doesn't match the ECU hours they know the ECU was removed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information