Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dickinson, TX
    Posts
    32
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Saum700p View Post
    call dean's and set up an appointment to have yours done. If you coordinate with them you can have it done and back on the water for the next weekend. might just cost you a few extra dollars in shipping for the appropriate speed. Ive had turn around service inside of the week when scheduled with them.
    Forgive my ignorance, but who or what is "deans" that you are referencing?

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Engine hours are stored in the ECU and in the dash unit. My understanding is that the ECU log history is not changeable.

    Dealer can compare the two running hour logs to detect when the original ECU has been swapped out, then reinstalled much later.

    Thank you - thatís exactly what I wanted to confirm...there goes my idea lol

  3. #13
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    42,998
    +1
    2,230
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce0429 View Post
    ... who or what is "deans" ... ?
    Dean is one of the aftermarket ECU tune suppliers.
    Riva MaptunerX is another.

    Both are listed in the GH forumís online performance store.

    There are differences in how the tune is delivered to your watercraft. And how tune changes are accomplished.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by K447
    Engine hours are stored in the ECU and in the dash unit. My understanding is that the log history is not changeable.

    Dealer can compare the two running hour logs to detect when the original ECU has been swapped out, then reinstalled much later.
    Quote Originally Posted by IanM88 View Post
    Thank you - thatís exactly what I wanted to confirm...there goes my idea lol
    I'm not trying to challenge K447, But is his understanding a fact? Can anyone else chime in? Thanks for helping a newbe.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Davegott View Post
    I'm not trying to challenge K447, But is his understanding a fact? Can anyone else chime in? Thanks for helping a newbe.
    If you are concerned about warranty this is what some do. Take the original ECU and original gauge off together, put in a used ECU tuned with a dedicated cluster for that tuned ecu. If you have issues replace them with the stock original units. I dont of any other way they could know the amount of hours on the unit.


  6. #16
    YAMA HAMA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    129
    +1
    11
    Who's to say you didn't have to replace the cluster at some point because of damage and thus that's why the hours don't match ecu.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sun Diego
    Posts
    155
    +1
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGPR View Post
    If you are concerned about warranty this is what some do. Take the original ECU and original gauge off together, put in a used ECU tuned with a dedicated cluster for that tuned ecu. If you have issues replace them with the stock original units. I dont of any other way they could know the amount of hours on the unit.
    Yup that is correct the ECU and Cluster swap.
    The ECU records if the motor ever goes over xxxx RPM (lets say 8K). It also has an hour meter. If the hour meter on the cluster doesn't match the ECU hours they know the ECU was removed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Maptuner Data Storage
    By rcrisafulli in forum Yamaha Waverunner Tuning
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2020, 04:27 PM
  2. ECU Data Logging
    By COSEY1234 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-15-2010, 06:45 PM
  3. FS R&d powershot with r2 reflash data
    By corkycat in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-08-2010, 09:17 AM
  4. Data Logging Setup: The first steps to data addiction.
    By Gunna in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 06:59 PM
  5. Ride Plate Data - R&D, RIVA, TBM?,.....
    By earthshaker in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-10-2008, 09:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •