Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by acecustoms84 View Post
    Sits perfectly level

so I am not sure if you can see it very well but this is in still water. It leans like that and it only gets worse when I sit on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	080CD8E2-D0ED-45E8-95F2-39117EBEDA71.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	465293  

+1
    I'm looking at the picture that you posted and the lean isn't all that bad from what I can see. I'm looking at the U-shaped hooks on either side of the retractable step. The ski is leaning to the left because the bottom part of the left "U" is in the water. Contrast that to the bottom of the right "U" that appears to be just out of the water. At worst, it's an inch of difference.

I don't know how it could get worse with more weight on the ski. I think the only way to know that for sure would be to perfectly balance some weight like a pair of 45lb barbell plates on the seat and see if the lean gets more pronounced.

+1
    I dont know exactly what you want to happen about your ski....

Dont sweat it....get on it and enjoy it for the rest of the season...

Quote Originally Posted by dannyual777 View Post
    At worst, it's an inch of difference.

I don't know how it could get worse with more weight on the ski. I think the only way to know that for sure would be to perfectly balance some weight like a pair of 45lb barbell plates on the seat and see if the lean gets more pronounced.
    So Id say it’s a good inch to an inch an a half if you measure from the sponsons. The U shaped hooks aren’t on the the edges. I’d say 1-2 inches from edge to edge is more than normal lean and that’s what I was saying from the start . It’s significant especially if you’re sitting on the jet ski. What I meant by getting worse is that when it’s just me the lean is bad. When there’s two riders it’s not even fun to ride at slower speeds because you’re constantly worried about rolling the ski to the left. It’s upsetting because it’s literally a brand new jet ski.
    Last edited by Aqappert; 08-03-2020 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane1000 View Post
    I dont know exactly what you want to happen about your ski....

Dont sweat it....get on it and enjoy it for the rest of the season...
    well to be short what I’d like to happen is I paid 12k for a jet ski and I’d like it to sit flat in the water like every other jet ski I’ve ever ridden. I hate that when I turn right I feel like I’m falling off the jet ski.. and when I’m turning left it corners harder than when I turn right. I know to some people it sounds petty. But I didn’t come from money and work very hard for what I make. It pains me to spend that much on a product that isn’t working 100% correctly. Guess I’ll suck it up though. Dealership isn’t taking any kind of responsibility for it. Yamaha tells me to refer to the dealership.

+1
    I forgot about your description of the leaning when you and a passenger are on it. You're in bad situation because Yamaha just deferred to the dealer who isn't going to do anything for you.

When the new 2021 models come out, does this particular dealer have a demo ride day? If so, maybe you could show up and get on one of the new ones. Have your leaning ski there as well. Just a thought.

I know money is a consideration but if this dealer says that there is nothing wrong with your ski, perhaps he'd be willing to put his money where his mouth is (I doubt it!) Maybe he'd give you a top dollar trade in for another ski since he says there's nothing wrong with yours.

+1
    Aqappert, I showed my wife the picture of your ski floating and we talked a little bit about your situation. If you were here actually talking to us, we'd probably learn a lot more.

Anyway, I re-read one of your previous posts and you said that you actually did go to a demo day and had the Yamaha guys ride your ski. They confirmed that it wasn't in your head. I'm thinking that was a different dealership. Do you suppose they might do anything for you? You mentioned having them deal with some scratches but I think I'd have them deal with the leaning.

In this thread, I don't think that I mentioned how my skis lean. I purchased my 1994 WaveRaider brand new in '94. At idle speed, it's leaned some to the left from day one. Once I'm up on plane, no lean and no tipping.

My 1997 GP1200 idles perfectly level and was always level at any high speed. I linked a 2+ yr old thread in post #17 about how it has developed some kind of mystery, under hull problem that manifests itself at speeds above about 40-45mph.

My 2013 VXR has a slight lean at idle speeds since day one. Once up on plane, no more leaning and no tipping.

My 2019 GP1800R also has a very slight lean at idle speeds since day one. Once up on plane, no more leaning and no tipping.

If I didn't live on a canal that is a no-wake zone, I'd almost never experience the leaning of said skis because my skis are usually going WOT! Are you riding for extended periods of time at very slow speeds?

Dannyual777,
    so I think the person who said he has the demo guys ride was a different person. Unfortunately the nearest lake to me is 2 hours away. So no real chance of getting anyone to ride it.
    you mentioned your gp1800r leans and I think the gp1800r shares the same hull with the vx models. Now when you say yours leans at idle speed does it lean far enough for you to feel like when you turn right at about 5mph you’re going to fall off left? Slow speed maneuvers to the right are sketchy for me because I can’t get the jet ski to lean in enough. And even at very high speed turns, I can cut really hard left and I can’t seem to get the ski to lean the same way to the right. So it turns harder to the left than to the right.
    And another question does yours sit in the water like mine? The U shaped tow hooks sit uneven in the water like that? And the left sponson is submerged while the right sponson is out of the water?

+1
    My mistake. It was T_Striker in post #25, not you.

I have never felt that any of my slightly leaning skis would cause me to fall off if I tried to turn while at idle speed. I do agree that with a passenger, the lean feels worse and I can see how it would make turning at idle speed a little scary.

At on plane speeds up to WOT, I've never felt that any of my skis had difficulty turning in either direction nor have I ever felt that any of them turned better in either direction.

If I'm not in a big hurry the next time I launch my skis, I'll take a picture of them just floating in calm water and post it here for you to compare.

Pictures would be immensely helpful. Thank you so much!

on a different note have you ever heard of a vx cruiser not hitting max rpms? Scumbag dealers tried to tell me I had to put 20-30 hours before I’d see rpms over 7k but that seems like total bs to me. My ski is like hard stopping at 6500. Top speed 52 verified by gps and the dealer told me 55 is max for non supercharged jet skis. That’s totally not true. Any ideas? It’s a brand new ski and I followed break in procedures straight from the manual.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information