Question 99 STX 1100 Nose Heavy with 1 person. Any way to adjust trim on jet?

Hello again Hulk friends... I have a 1999 STX 1100 It has a tendency to want to sit front heavy and shovel water over the front especially when I go through the channels in no wake zones. Is there a way around that? Could the Jet possibly be off the correct angle? I leave a pretty big wake when going slow too like at 1500 RPM because the nose dips down and scoops the water over it. I have 2, 3 to 5 minute no wake zones I need to go through to get to the main lake where I ride, and there isn't any way around it. I have to go slower then everyone else when there is traffic to not make a wake, and I'm still pushing more of a wake then the big boats. I keep maybe 5 lbs in the front with my cooler bag, and stuff when I go out.. I did compensate by putting a 10lb anchor in the back seat compartment but that doesn't really make a difference. Its great with 2 people on it though. Seems like its best suited for 2 up riding actually. It does plane out quickly buy it will case the waves hard when going fast like a belly flop. Otherwise I tend to sit way back towards the second seat when I am going fast, and it helps a little more..Wish it had trim adjustment, or a way to get just a little more trim on this thing. I am a 220lb rider if that matters. Also there is no leaks, and the jetski does not take on water so there isn't the issue of water weight in the hull. Any way to get around these issues?
    Could my jet somehow be not in the right position, or is here a way to adjust it?
    I just read that the trim plate can be shimmed?
    Thank you for your responses guys, and gals. You all have been very helpful so far since I have joined and I greatly enjoy and appreciate your help.
    Last edited by Jaybourbon; 07-14-2020 at 12:07 PM.

+1
    You might look into a pump wedge if it's that bad.

+1
    That body style STX does tend to plow water with the nose at trolling speed.

Thanks for the responses guys.. I ended up coming across a post where a guy use a Kawasaki ZXI 750 900 pump wedge and it worked great. It's supposed to gain a few extra Mph and correct the shoveling issue at low speed as well as help the total ride. I found one on ebay that the guy was selling with the jet and got him to seperate it for 20 dollars. I believe that the inside of the pump wedge needs to be grinded down a few mm to be flush with the opening on the 1100 from what he says. Shouldn't be that bad to do..
    You guys know what gaskets I'll need when I take the pump off or what to expect? Thanks

+1
    I seriously doubt that you'll see a difference. I've never noticed a difference with changing trim while at no-wake speed.

Thread Information