Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd0315 View Post
    Ya could not find shop manual for 2007 at that link.
    Just crazy there is no fault code list that shows 1520, given so many people have experienced that fault. Maybe 2007s were built with the wrong code in the computer. 0520 is just one digit off, and no documentation to support 1520.
    Anyway, i saw that info in the manual. New oil and filter last week. Dipstick was at the top of bend so will suck some out to be sure it is not too much oil issue. Just bought the sensor so will replace that too, only $36 and read they have issues so might as well. Hope its not the regulator.
    thx
    I did see that
    Yes it is there! 2007 Sea-Doo PWC Series Repair and Maintenance $9.50 to download.

Main Menu
    Manuals
    Seadoo
    scroll up
    they are all there since 1989!!!!

2. +1 by:

4. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by ski doo zx 800 View Post
    P1520 low oil pressure

Possible causes low oil level, engine leaking oil, oil pump fault.

Service action
    Check oil level
    Check impedance of sensor
    Refer to shop manual for more details.

From Buds 3.8.2.
    Thanks, that is great info. Yes, a link to shop manual would be awesome. I've bought the regular manual twice, first time was PDF of PDF so not searchable. Just bought the real one this time, but def not shop manual.
    I just sucked some oil out today, b/c i was reading that this beep could be from too much oil, but have not been able to take it for a ride yet.
    Dipstick was at top bend but now shows in the middle, but I am concerned that the dipstick has never been a solid read, partial oil bleeds up even past the top bend. Not sure what that could indicate. I will have to look up oil pump fault symptoms.
    I did buy the Oil Pressure Switch, so was going to change that out tomorrow, after i take it out for a ride to see if the oil reduction helped.
    Thanks for the tips .....

Thanks, that is great info. Yes, a link to shop manual would be awesome. I've bought the regular manual twice, first time was PDF of PDF so not searchable. Just bought the real one this time, but def not shop manual.
    I just sucked some oil out today, b/c i was reading that this beep could be from too much oil, but have not been able to take it for a ride yet.
    Dipstick was at top bend but now shows in the middle, but I am concerned that the dipstick has never been a solid read, partial oil bleeds up even past the top bend. Not sure what that could indicate. I will have to look up oil pump fault symptoms.
    I did buy the Oil Pressure Switch, so was going to change that out tomorrow, after i take it out for a ride to see if the oil reduction helped.
    Thanks for the tips .....
    I left you the link up above to the shop manual. Here's it again. It's on Google drive. Just click download. Its a safe link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rE0...w?usp=drivesdk

One other thing i noticed today after i rode it for 4 min to warm it up to test and lower the oil level. The closed coolant container was very hot. Not sure if it is supposed to get hot, but i only rode it for 3-4 min. Thought that was strange.

+1
    Man this really sounds like a nightmare scenario.

Your water pump may not be working causing overheating of coolant and oil, and your chasing your tail. I’d pull it off and inspect the inside components.

Ugh! i see water pump is $235. Is there any way to confirm that it has a problem?
    I see the shop manual shows how to replace it, so at least it does not require engine removal.

I just swapped my waterpump on my 06 rxt after the housing cracked at 350hrs. It's a pain to get off. You will have to drain the oil out of the block they say in the shop manual.

Just took it for a ride, after removing some oil yesterday. dipstick shows in the middle. Blew the 1520 code after 10 min. Barely started up and limped back 2 mph. I have noticed it struggling to start the last few times. Batter and Solenoid are new, but must need a charge. Stupid question, but do jet skis have alternators?
    So i am guessing my problem is either the Oil Pressure Switch or the water pump. There is no leaking though.
    Noticed the coolant is full to the brim, well above the MAX line so need to pull some out when it cools down.

+1
    Just took it for a ride, after removing some oil yesterday. dipstick shows in the middle. Blew the 1520 code after 10 min. Barely started up and limped back 2 mph. I have noticed it struggling to start the last few times. Batter and Solenoid are new, but must need a charge. Stupid question, but do jet skis have alternators?
    So i am guessing my problem is either the Oil Pressure Switch or the water pump. There is no leaking though.
    Noticed the coolant is full to the brim, well above the MAX line so need to pull some out when it cools down.
    May not be your battery but your bearings failing due to lack of oil. Yes the have alternators, but its called a stator, you would get a low voltage error if it was not working.
    Oil error and struggling to start is probably going to = $$$$$

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information