Msx 140 broken stator pump bolt

Hi all. I removed my stator pump on my msx 140. 3 bolts came out really hard and the 4th one snapped off were it goes into the threads on hull. What do i do to fix this. Any help would be appreciated.

+1
    That is a very difficult problem to resolve. Removal of the pump base is likely required, which is difficult without removing the ride plate which is also difficult. (Trying to drill out the broken bolt in situ is nearly impossible...)

Boy thats not good news. What do i do? Do i have to pull the motor to get it off or what is the prosess to do it. I some how have to fix it. I cant leave one bolt wreck the whole ski. My anxiety just went crazy

+1
    You don't have to pull the motor. I personally would craft a pump base puller, leaving the ride plate alone. (I have had ride plates bend before becoming detached from the hull...)

I certainly appreciate your help but if you could be more specific on how to change this. I found a housing on ebay but after looking at this closer it look as tho it is bolted thru the hull to the inside motut or compartment by 4 bolts. They look inaccessible with 2 covered pretty much by the foam from the emm and battery and the other 2 from the exhaust can. Or am i looking at this wrong. This is a 2004 msx 140. If you or someone could give me instructions on how to change this it would mean the world to me. Also what type of sealant is used between the pump housing and the hull. Thankyou

+1
    Never attempt to drill broken fasteners out. It only makes matters worse. I usually mig or tig weld a tip and build up on the broken fastener. Then put a nut on the tip and hammer the heat and weld the nut on. Might do this a few times. I just finished one today. This took about 15 minutes to do. Albeit you may have to take the engine out in your situation. I have only once in 20 years drilled out a broken fastener that is because when the customer brought it to me to extract the part he had an easy-out broken in there and I had to use a carbide end mill on my brigdeport to get it out.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200714_143701.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	464407   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200714_142221.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	464408  

Thanks for the info. I will give that a try. I dont have a welder so i will try to find someone. If it doesnt work and i have to replace the housing do i have to do an engine alignm.ent after its replaced

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by car22car View Post
    Thanks for the info. I will give that a try. I dont have a welder so i will try to find someone. If it doesnt work and i have to replace the housing do i have to do an engine alignm.ent after its replaced
    Oh and a 110v welder aint gonna cut it.

Thread Information