Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TOPS sensor - this clip where it goes?

So I was working on my 2010 Wake Pro 215 replacing supercharger with X charger etc. When reassembling Isaw this little sensor but couldn't remember where it went...🤦♂️ needless to say I got a P1505 code when I ran it today for first time and assumed it was related and of course it was.

Here's my issue. I see there is a little clip under where the hose runs to the air box and assumed it went here. I get it to go but certainly doesn't seem stable enough to stay put long. is there a trick to getting this thing to lock in more permanently? Is this even the right place?

I attached a photo of my current progress. Any help would be amazing!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200713_203947.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	464378  

+1
    That top sensor goes underneath the crankcase vent. The connector at the bottom of the pic goes where you currently have the tops sensor.

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0159.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	464382

Yes that is the TOPS Hall Sensor which MUST be mounted in it’s correct spot underneath the housing horizontal not vertical like you have it. It will continue to fault.

Look at this pic from my Shop Manual, which you need to get at www.brpmanuals.com.
    Last edited by jpt7779; Yesterday at 05:15 PM.

Thank you for the picture that helped a ton! I see where it's supposed to go but can't seem to work it back in place with valve mounted. I removed valve when removing SC and placing new one in so I assume this is when it came lose or dismounted. Would it make sense I'd have to remove valve again in order to get it correctly mounted? Thanks again!

+1
    Yes. Get the Shop Manual as there are 2-3 pages more discussing the TOPS and how to remove and replace. It will also show you the correct positions for the other 2 connections.

Best tool in your toolbox for sure!

Absolutely will do! Thanks again

Also, would this issue limit performance in any way? I am certainly going to fix it but was just curious because it seemed to run fine. However this was the first time I've ran it since X charger and ECU were done so not sure what fine or full performance is at the moment.

+1
    There is never a need to remove the TOPS valve when servicing the SC. All it does is shutoff the engine if the ski is upside down. Some people have had to replace the entire valve due to the internals sticking. You should have no problems once you get it installed correctly.

Did you reflash the ECU with a tune for SC?

I took it off for better access to the top bolt that is rear facing. I probably didn't need to remove some stuff but it was my first shot at it and started removing stuff because I figured I needed to.

Yes I had the ECU reflashed / tuned by RaceLab for the SC.

I have no doubts that I can get the check engine situation resolved. I guess I'm just curious if it would have inhibited performance at all yesterday while riding with that fault active and sensor out of place.

+1
    With a CEL you may have been in Limp mode 3000-4000 rpm max maybe not....

What specifically did you see in performance, max rpm, speed, acceleration, etc?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information