Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Riva Stage 1 Tune safe with Ribbon Delete?

Hey guys. 2020 GP1800R SVHO. Currently running Riva Stage 1 Tune (Best runs in 90 degree heat and high humidity were 75 and 76 mph - Tune Only - Stock Prop). Today I installed a Turbosmart BOV and decided to do the ribbon delete while the intake manifold was off....Is it best to switch to the Stage 1+ tune at this time to account for the ribbon delete, or is the Stage 1 tune safe for now? I have a Riva Power Filter Kit still in the box, so I could toss that on if the Stage 1+ tune is a better option.

I also have a 13/18 Solas Prop, and Pro Series Cooling kit waiting to go on. My plan was to do those in conjunction with an IC and Stage 2 tune this winter.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    The Stage 1 Plus tune expects additional air flow into the engine (IMUK and/or cold air intake). I see no downside to using the Plus tune with slightly reduced air flow until you get the aftermarket air intake installed. The SVHO engine might run slightly rich, which should not be a problem.

The Stage 1 tune expects no additional air flow, so it would not be compensating for the intake ribbon delete.

Stage 1 Plus would be the ‘safer’ tune, as far as I know.

+1
    The Stage 1 Plus tune expects additional air flow into the engine (IMUK and/or cold air intake). I see no downside to using the Plus tune with slightly reduced air flow until you get the aftermarket air intake installed. The SVHO engine might run slightly rich, which should not be a problem.

The Stage 1 tune expects no additional air flow, so it would not be compensating for the intake ribbon delete.

Why not also install the Riva Power Filter Kit you have? It does not take much time to do.

4. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post

Why not also install the Riva Power Filter Kit you have? It does not take much time to do.
    Thanks. I figured the 1+ tune might be better to do now that I have done the ribbon delete. Thank you for confirming that..and yes it definitely now makes sense to install the Power Filter Kit I have as well.

Any concerns with NOT doing an engine cooling upgrade kit right now with Stage 1+? I have the Pro Series Cooling Kit that I planned on installing when I do an IC, 13/18, and Stage 2 Tune this winter.

Im not opposed to doing a cooling kit now, but looking at the line routing instructions on Riva's website, the 2 kits are different...and per Riva's instructions for the Pro Kit (that I have), their IC (or an aftermarket IC), is recommended.

+1
    I am configured with essentially stock water cooling feeds to the engine and intercooler, no changes at the jet pump water source.

Stage 1 Plus SVHO on GP1800. Runs just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    I am configured with essentially stock water cooling feeds to the engine and intercooler, no changes at the jet pump water source.

Stage 1 Plus SVHO on GP1800. Runs just fine.
    Ok, good to know. Thanks.

well you can install the half part on the kit now and the other half part when installing the IC.

You install this new waterline from the Pump to the Block anode fitting now and the waterlines to the new intercooler later while installing the IC i did the same way...

Quote Originally Posted by FAMT View Post
    well you can install the half part on the kit now and the other half part when installing the IC.

You install this new waterline from the Pump to the Block anode fitting now and the waterlines to the new intercooler later while installing the IC i did the same way...
    If you do that, it doesn’t disrupt the rest of the cooling pattern?

no not at all because the line to the block anode is the extra line on top...

on my last 2 svho skis before i did run just stage 1 plus and i run oem cooling system except to drill out the 2 plastic fittings and to run the 2nd cooling line to the block anode works great....since stage 2 i installed the other parts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information