Oil injector delete Premix oil ratio? 50:1?

Hey guys.. Got a 1999 stx 1100. So I've been running 40:1 premix since I've deleted my oil injector and it seems to be very boggy from the start. I until it is really warmed up.. Now if I'm idling or at very low rpm through a channel to get to the next lake when I come out and punch it the jetski wants to bog and just not accelerate properly for like 30 seconds to a minute. It's like it's way too rich or just not burning the fuel correctly. The carbs are spotless I've cleaned them 3 times and the plus look a little rich but not very bad.
    Would it be safe to go 50:1? Or is this potentially another issue? My only other guess is the fuel pump on the carb is just getting old and starting to have issues. I'd rather it run like this if 50 to 1 will increase engine wear or be too lean but it would be nice for it to run better. It does run awesome here and there when it's warm and you've been on the throttle for a while. It's just when you go slow for a while or when it just started for the first 3 minutes after warning up.
    Last edited by Jaybourbon; 07-13-2020 at 11:00 AM.

Think it depends on the oil your running, the ultra150 pump puts out 50:1

Pennzoil Marine XLF Extended Life Formula.. thoughts?

+1
    Do you realize that 40:1 is more oil than 50:1?

If you're idling a lot, the oil injection system would have helped to reduce plug fouling.

That oil is probably just fine, but if you're having trouble with oil fouling the plugs, you should probably go with something better. Klotz, Amsoil, Blue Marble, etc.

I need to correct my post. My apologies. I've actually been running 40:1 since I bought this and deleted the oil injector. I fouled the brand new plugs after about 3 hours of total riding. I've been running 40:1 as a precaution because I would rather be safe them sorry. I did change the plugs yesterday and mix the new gas to 50:1. The jetski ran perfectly and had no hesitation and felt much more powerful as well as climbed rpms more quickly. So I am hoping that 50:1 will be enough lubrication to keep this thing from seizing up.. I do ride hard and want to ensure that this jetski remains healthy.
    Yes the Penzoil is a cheaper synthetic blend but it has good reviews and if I can spend 17 dollars opossed to 30+ I figure I would try it. It actually has a thicker consistency then the kawasaki oil I was first using. Thoughts? My closest amsoil dealer is 40 minutes away and I'd rather not have to spend the extra money if I don't have to..

+1
    50:1 is fine. The oil injection leans it out to about 300:1 at idle.

I'm surprised that you fouled plugs at 40:1 unless you did a lot of idling. You typically run about 25:1 for break-in. I got mixed up and doubled the oil to 12:1 for break-in once and it ran fine.

For the 1100 engine, Pennzoil should be just fine. If you have problems with smoke, switch to a more expensive oil.

Where I ride it's always choppy and you are constantly bouncing and jumping waves to where the rpms climb out of the water.sybe that plays part in the plugs fouling as well? My lakes have a lot of no wake channels so I'm usually at about 1500 to 1800 rpm for about 3 to 5 minutes through each of them. I also stay heavy on the gas when I ride at high rpm. Will this cause the issue jumping out of the water constantly? Thanks again..

+1
    No wake zones will foul spark plugs.

Going fast through waves and getting airborne won't foul plugs.

Well once again Mr Steve45 I greatly appreciate the help, and you sharing your knowledge.. I am not sure that there is a way around idling through no wake areas..
    BTW.. this STX has a tendency to want to sit front heavy especially when I go through the channels.. Is there a way around that? I really leave a wake when going slow too cause the nose dips down. I maybe have 5 lbs in the front with my cooler and stuff.. I did put a 10lb anchor in the back seat compartment but that doesn't really make a difference. I am going to make another post and see if anyone else has this issue.. Its great with 2 people on it though. Seems like its best suited for 2 up riding. otherwise I tend to sit way back towards the second seat when I am going fast..Wish it had trim adjustment.

Thread Information