Thread: HELP!! 98 gp760

HELP!! 98 gp760

I have a 98 gp760 just had the carbs rebuilt. Runs great for about 10min then loses throttle and power (never does quit running). If I let it idle for about 2min it picks right back up and runs normal again. Does this the whole time your riding. Do I need to fine tune my carbs?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

+1
    Ride around with the gas cap loose, maybe the tank isnít venting.
    Otherwise, make sure the engine isnít overheating and the pistons arenít getting tight in the cylinders (mild seize).

Does not sound necessarily sound like a carb problem unless you are too lean. If you do not have any upgrades then reset the carbs to factory specs and report back.

I would guess that you either have an electrical problem or that after you engine heats up you are starting to seize and that when it cools off it runs fine again until it heats up again.

Why were the carbs rebuilt and were they rebuilt by someone who knew what they were doing? Were you having issues before the carbs were rebuilt? Stock engine? Stock carbs? Stock exhaust?

Quote Originally Posted by camper357 View Post
    Does not sound necessarily sound like a carb problem unless you are too lean. If you do not have any upgrades then reset the carbs to factory specs and report back.

I would guess that you either have an electrical problem or that after you engine heats up you are starting to seize and that when it cools off it runs fine again until it heats up again.

Why were the carbs rebuilt and were they rebuilt by someone who knew what they were doing? Were you having issues before the carbs were rebuilt? Stock engine? Stock carbs? Stock exhaust?
    The ski is completely stock. The reason I had the carbs rebuilt is that it wouldnít start and the mechanic told me they needed cleaned and rebuilt. Before I had the ski rebuilt you had to spray starting fluid to start it. Once you got it running it would run great with no problems. Now since I had the carbs rebuilt itís doing this? Had 150psi compression in both cylinders. Iím new to jet skis and just trying to figure out what the problem is before I spend another $500 plus on it!

Thread Information