Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

+1
    The engine might make a hissing noise as it pulls air through the reeds but that shouldn’t make it hard to turn. That’s the only thing I can think off.

Thank you all for spending time on this.
    I have removed the pump and hooked up a water hose, a bit leaky due to missing o ring on the connector, found one later and fixed it, runs and starts fine, did not lock even ones.

All 3 cylinder work, maybe a bit too rich now I prefixed (40:1) and running the oil pump at the same time. Pulled plug wires one at a time, u can hear the change.
    The engine is kinda loud not sure if this ok had one tx a while ago and don't really remember what it's supposed to sound like.

The pump is definitely binding bad in one spot refer to the video. It was not as bad when I inspected it the first time, got worst.
    Removed the wear wring and placed the new aluminum instead, binds even worst, used feeler gauge and 0.02 won't go through. Impeller looks brand new and looks like someone was trying to shave it off.
    Part number Polaris 5131366

Oh yeah, my starter solenoid is brown with metal base, is it the original?

Engine Running no pump:

Engine knocks when I rotate back and forth at the rotor,could be piston skirt hitting cylinder? NO PUMP

The pump is binding :

Thank you all
    Last edited by les4; 07-13-2020 at 10:48 PM.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Brown solenoid is an update from the original.

Brown solenoids are ok, but not as good as the newer all plastic.

If it is working properly, you can probably keep it.

+1
    I had the same problem 0n my 2001 Polaris Virage TX. I replaced the wear ring with brand new OEM and new OEM impeller also all new WSM bearings and seals, Put it back together and it was worse than before after a couple hours riding. I would not have continued to ride, but I thought I had an electrical issue since it was intermittent. This ended up within a couple of days riding maybe 2 hours destroying the new wear ring,impeller and bearings also drive shaftshaft. It also seized up the motor. I tore the motor down the rear main bearings were wasted and also some kind of 4 corner seizure on the mag cylinder. Trying to figure out what actually started all of this in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by kensmith View Post
    I had the same problem 0n my 2001 Polaris Virage TX. I replaced the wear ring with brand new OEM and new OEM impeller also all new WSM bearings and seals, Put it back together and it was worse than before after a couple hours riding. I would not have continued to ride, but I thought I had an electrical issue since it was intermittent. This ended up within a couple of days riding maybe 2 hours destroying the new wear ring,impeller and bearings also drive shaftshaft. It also seized up the motor. I tore the motor down the rear main bearings were wasted and also some kind of 4 corner seizure on the mag cylinder. Trying to figure out what actually started all of this in the next few weeks.

That sounds terrible man, hope u can fix it fast and get it back on the water.
    Can you hear my engine running on one of the videos>? Comparing it to yours is it too loud? Like something is loose on the inside?

+1
    Your motor sounds much better without the pump. In the video it has a loud ticking but I’m guessing the mic is picking up the injector noise more than the other, lower frequency noises.

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingee View Post
    Your motor sounds much better without the pump. In the video, it has a loud ticking but Iím guessing the mic is picking up the injector noise more than the other, lower frequency noises.
    Thanks for taking the time and watching the video.
    I have assembled the jet pump with a new wear ring, ones the ring is seated all the way impeller is spinning without binding, will test and record again.

Still hoping it's not a motor.

Thank you.

+1
    Hopefully it’s not the motor. Speaking from experience that sucks.

+1
    Ya it sounds normal mine sounds different though because it is carbureted you can hear the injectors on yours opening and closing.

Quote Originally Posted by kensmith View Post
    Ya it sounds normal mine sounds different though because it is carbureted you can hear the injectors on your opening and closing.
    Thank you for taking your time and watching the video, I am assembling now the jet pump and trying to find a leak. Will report back when complete.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information