Yamaha EX Stock Tune

Hey guys,

I have a 18í Yamaha Ex Sport with the TR-1. I bought the riva tuner under the impression I could get more speed with just doing a tune. Forgive my ignorance, but I did the bone stock tune which opens it up from 7300 max RPM to 8300 max rpm. I did the tune and ran it, still only got 7300 max rpm while in the water but did hit 8300 max rpm when the ski left the water from wake. I called RIVA and they said I need the solas impeller to get the 8300rpm IN the water. Has anyone else experienced this or can relate? Iím sure the RIVA tech is 100 percent correct, just didnít think the stock impeller sucked that bad lol. I do have the free flow exhaust but I know that isnít gonna do much. Thanks! Gonna order the impeller next pay day just want to hit that 56mph lol.

we have an exr here with tune and with 12/17 impeller is doing less rpm then stock (exr is doing stock 8600 rpm)

and with stock exr impeller was doing more top speed with less top rpm(8150)

think we need lower pitch like 12/16 or even 12/15. Would like to know stock pitch of ex and exr to compare it

Did you ask Riva yet about your EXR problem? I'm starting to work on an EXR also and I assumed Riva had all this figured out with their EXR Stage 1 kit. I've had the exhaust and air filter for awhile and just bought their Solas 12/17 prop they recommend and planned on a reflash tune in a couple of months.

pls tell me if your ski is faster with this 12/17 now? My guess is that you are slower at start and also at top spd you make less RPM then before?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yama Guy View Post
    Did you ask Riva yet about your EXR problem? I'm starting to work on an EXR also and I assumed Riva had all this figured out with their EXR Stage 1 kit. I've had the exhaust and air filter for awhile and just bought their Solas 12/17 prop they recommend and planned on a reflash tune in a couple of months.
    You really need to do the impeller and tune together. Running the impeller now will result in the engine running on the stock rev limiter.
    The 12/17 impeller will allow you to take advantage of the higher RPM of the MaptunerX ECU reflash.

At the same time, running the stock impeller with the reflash doesn't work either, as the stock impeller will not allow higher RPM.

The more RPM you can spin the impeller the faster the ski will go.

In addition, there is no such thing as a "one size fits all" impeller. You may need to depitch the Solas impeller for more RPM depending on your elevation and riding temps. For instance, someone using the ski higher than sea level, such as Lake Havasu and in 110 degree temps will need much less pitch than someone running at sea level in 85 degree temps. I wrote a good post about that here http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=249243

Hope that helps guys!
    Jerry

Thread Information