Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2005 Sea-Doo RXT Only 54mph

Last season I was getting 67 to 69 mph.

I sent my supercharger into Jerry who did a fantastic job and got it back to me quick. I reinstalled the supercharger this season and just hit the lake. The issue I'm having is that it is only hitting 54 mph now at 7850 RPMs sometimes seeing 7,900 rpms.

I never really paid attention to the RPMs before but I think it is about the same.

I have checked all the hoses they're appears to be no leaks and is clamped on tight. I did take off the air boost line coming from the supercharger and did notice that there is oil in it not a ton but it was fully coated.

The machine's engine sounds like it is running fine and throttle response is pretty good.

However at 7200 RPMs I can hold almost a constant 50 mph. So that last throttle squeeze brings me up to 7850 RPMs but only increases 4 mph.

The jet prop appears to be in good condition along with the wear ring. Not sure what could have happened as the only thing that has been done was the supercharger was rebuilt and reinstalled.

I have changed the plugs which were fine when I pulled them out and I have changed the oil and filter and properly checked the level on the lake and it sits just below the middle of the bend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200706_164850.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	464112

+1
    are you sure that your O.P.A.S. are all the way up ?

+1

ID:	464112[/QUOTE]

that looks like a stock ski, they don't do much over 65 mph

[delete]

Quote Originally Posted by rtarford View Post
    I took off the hose off the top of the pump is that what you are referring to? It was clear in the filter, is there a way to pressure test it? They do Move up and down manually with some force.

ID:	464112
    that looks like a stock ski, they don't do much over 65 mph[/QUOTE]

So again, up till ast fall before the SC was pulled out and sent to Jerry for a rebuild it was doing 68mph with WOT and the rpm hit 7900-8100.

Now with WOT all I see is 7850 and 54mph.

The dealership locally had suggested maybe the intercooler is clogged. I do notice the OUT hose on the intercooler has a lot of pressure to it while the IN is fully squeezable. Blowing air through the IN does make water shoot out of the lines on the Jpipe with them disconnected.

The pump has been removed and impeller inspected and the wear ring with less then a dime of clearance, so those seem to check out.

The dealship did today say there was a low battery fault some 30 hours ago and a Compass 1517 alarm but this RXT does not have so they cleared it. Does it sound like something with the computer got lost and is preventing it from going above 54mph and the lost 200-300 RPMs?

They dont have any other ideas, and they suggested that because is had the SC rebuild it could be that is the issue and the clutch is bad.

I'm lost as halfway through the season now and it hasn't preformed right since the SC was reinstalled. No leaks on the SC outlef hose either.

Would blowing air through that hose inlet off the pump cause them to raise to see if they are functioning correctly?

+1
    Is the dime size clearance possibly the issue? I know you said smaller than a dime but you should maybe be able to fit a credit card through there max or barley see light coming in. No cavitation? I'm not expert so I apologise. Is there any slippage in the drive shaft teeth do they look work maybe your spinning. Sucks when this happens I had the mounts go out in mine and was down for most of the summer. Not overfilled with oil?

Quote Originally Posted by Jhubbs255 View Post
    Is the dime size clearance possibly the issue? I know you said smaller than a dime but you should maybe be able to fit a credit card through there max or barley see light coming in. No cavitation? I'm not expert so I apologise. Is there any slippage in the drive shaft teeth do they look work maybe your spinning. Sucks when this happens I had the mounts go out in mine and was down for most of the summer. Not overfilled with oil?
    Oil level checked after a 10 min run. Right in-between the lines. The impeller and ring again look good comparing to my other ski. Just went and got some PVC to block up the opas, will try when the weather clears in next day or 2.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200713_201354.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	464395

im sure youre using same premium gas but that could affect the top speed so figured id ask

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information