Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

+1
    Oh wow, ok. For some reason I thought it was a lot higher pressure.

+1
    Anyone remember the size of the hose? Iím out of town all this week, and was hoping I could order online and have the hose and tow valves waiting for me when I get back home. Was thinking it was either 1/2Ē or 5/8Ē.

+1
    Ok, so after being out of town for my job the majority of June, and then an all expenses paid trip (courtesy of the National Guard) to Fort Hood Texas for three weeks in July, I finally got some time back at home.

Got the second motor installed on Sunday. Computer boxes are mounted to the back firewall. Cooling lines and custom exhaust piping are next on the list. Then fuel and electrical.

At the rate Iím going, I may not have the boat out by Labor Day.

+1
    Been working on the motor swap in what little spare time I have. Mainly waking up early before work to spend an hour on the boat.

So both motors are in and aligned. Cooling hoses are all hooked up. Exhaust is hooked up on the port motor using some silicone elbows to deal with the offset. Havenít installed exhaust for starboard motor yet.

Electrical so far had been pretty easy. The stock wiring harness from the boat mostly connects to the MR1 harness. And by that, I mean the kill switch and the start switch plug right in. The MR1 harness has a blanked off connector that supplies a signal to the tachometer. I bought the corresponding plug and connected it to the green and black wires on the boat wiring harness.

Next project for electrical is to utilize the stock XR1800 overheat warning lights on the dash. The new tachs also have warning lights on them. Iím going to wire the tach warning lights (overheat, low oil, check engine) back to the ECU. The stock XR1800 overheat warning lights Iím going to wire directly to the thermoswitches on the motor. This should offer some redundancy in case of an overheat.

On the boat wiring harness grey/yellow wire is for exhaust overheat, and grey/black for is engine overheat. Iím going to splice in the grey/yellow wire into the pink wire of the MR1 exhaust thermoswitch, and the grey/black wire into the MR1 engine thermoswitch.

A problem Iím currently having is the stock XR throttle cables. When installed on the MR1 throttlebody, there is too much slack in the cable. I need to figure out how to shorten this cable.

Some pictures from this morning:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01864FD3-CD38-4AE1-8715-C8A15643E58C.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	478524   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4326EC26-B22B-4567-A7B5-59B2274D14C0.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	478525   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16698B0D-3BF6-450B-958F-AB474F0955D2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	478526  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb235 View Post
    Been working on the motor swap in what little spare time I have. Mainly waking up early before work to spend an hour on the boat.

So both motors are in and aligned. Cooling hoses are all hooked up. Exhaust is hooked up on the port motor using some silicone elbows to deal with the offset. Haven’t installed exhaust for starboard motor yet.

Electrical so far had been pretty easy. The stock wiring harness from the boat mostly connects to the MR1 harness. And by that, I mean the kill switch and the start switch plug right in. The MR1 harness has a blanked off connector that supplies a signal to the tachometer. I bought the corresponding plug and connected it to the green and black wires on the boat wiring harness.

Next project for electrical is to utilize the stock XR1800 overheat warning lights on the dash. The new tachs also have warning lights on them. I’m going to wire the tach warning lights (overheat, low oil, check engine) back to the ECU. The stock XR1800 overheat warning lights I’m going to wire directly to the thermoswitches on the motor. This should offer some redundancy in case of an overheat.

On the boat wiring harness grey/yellow wire is for exhaust overheat, and grey/black for is engine overheat. I’m going to splice in the grey/yellow wire into the pink wire of the MR1 exhaust thermoswitch, and the grey/black wire into the MR1 engine thermoswitch.

A problem I’m currently having is the stock XR throttle cables. When installed on the MR1 throttlebody, there is too much slack in the cable. I need to figure out how to shorten this cable.

Some pictures from this morning:
    Awesome man great work!

Good move on the redundancy. Similar in a way to how SeaDoo did some 2 stroke skis. The overheat switch was wired to the computer, buzzer, and overheat gauge light with splitters off the main wire. I would imagine Yamaha might have done similar on their skis/boats with the gauge and ecm but I've not studied the harnesses enough to know off the top of my head.

You sound like you are just as busy as I am and limited on time for working on your own stuff. Think you will have it in the water before the colder weather sets in?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderteen View Post
    Think you will have it in the water before the colder weather sets in?
    I wish, but I doubt it. Maybe if I get it done sometime this fall, Iíll take it out fishing or something.

wow i guess i should pay more attention over here... if I get ambitious i'll start a build thread for my project.... and for those who need to know the HO MR-1's fit quite nicely in a LS2000/2003-5 AR210... all it takes is a sawsall and some resin... Lots of resin...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 84rzv500r View Post
    wow i guess i should pay more attention over here... if I get ambitious i'll start a build thread for my project.... and for those who need to know the HO MR-1's fit quite nicely in a LS2000/2003-5 AR210... all it takes is a sawsall and some resin... Lots of resin...
    Please do. I've got a LS2000 and plan to do a 4 stroke swap one day. Haven't fully decided on what powerplant I will go with yet.

+1
    I donít have the balls to do as much modifying of the engine bay as what you did with your LS2000. The small amount of fiberglass work I had to do for the XR was plenty enough for me lol.

+1
    wow i guess i should pay more attention over here...
    Iím posting my MR-1 swap progress across three different forums, trying to get as much input as I can in case Iíve done anything stupid that maybe someone else might catch. And source as many ideas as I can for this project. Got the thread going here, the YJB forum that youíre on, and the jetboaters.net forum.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information