Buying a new ski, Price negotiation?

Is there any price negotiation on a jetski at the dealer? example if go to the Cadillac dealership to buy an Escalade it has a 90k MSRP but its a left over 2019, the dealer will list it for 82K and you offer him 79K he will take it most likely.

I am looking at a Yamaha GP1800R SVHO MSRP $14,399 is there any movement in that price? If so how much, 200 or 700? If not have you negotiated other ways like on the trailer or accessories? What are your buying experiences and what have you done to make it feel like you have won?

Obviously where you live makes a difference and inventory, availability and lets not forget about COVID-19. I am always looking online at recreational toys for sale, it seems like its a sellers market. In my area RV's, bicycles, boats, atv's any outdoor toys are in short supply new and used. COVID-19 aside how much did you negotiate at the dealer buying your jetski?

Quote Originally Posted by Sundaydriver View Post
    Is there any price negotiation on a jetski at the dealer? example if go to the Cadillac dealership to buy an Escalade it has a 90k MSRP but its a left over 2019, the dealer will list it for 82K and you offer him 79K he will take it most likely.

I am looking at a Yamaha GP1800R SVHO MSRP $14,399 is there any movement in that price? If so how much, 200 or 700? If not have you negotiated other ways like on the trailer or accessories? What are your buying experiences and what have you done to make it feel like you have won?

Obviously where you live makes a difference and inventory, availability and lets not forget about COVID-19. I am always looking online at recreational toys for sale, it seems like its a sellers market. In my area RV's, bicycles, boats, atv's any outdoor toys are in short supply new and used. COVID-19 aside how much did you negotiate at the dealer buying your jetski?
    last year I bought a GP1800r SVHO with a list price of $14200. I bought it including dealer fees and 4 year warranty for $13,100 plus tax, title, license. This year dealers are sold out of watercraft so they may not be willing to negotiate. You’d be better off waiting until next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcboat82 View Post
    last year I bought a GP1800r SVHO with a list price of $14200. I bought it including dealer fees and 4 year warranty for $13,100 plus tax, title, license. This year dealers are sold out of watercraft so they may not be willing to negotiate. You’d be better off waiting until next year.

Wow that's a lot bigger of a discount than I was thinking, only problem is what you said most people are sold out, only a few in my area. Only up side to a sellers market is I have to sell my boat before I get a PWC.

These dealers are annoying!! 3 days ago went I went looking around the internet for Yamaha Waverunners, 2 places have notices that pop up on there websites that say "Due to extremely high call volume blah blah blah, email us" so I email and ask if they really have all the skis listed on there website under "current inventory". 2 days later not even a "NO" for a reply, so I call this one place, they have like 10 of each ski listed as current inventory, stock numbers and everything on there website, of course they have nothing in stock!
    Sick of high call volume?? don't list that you have 100 skis in stock, put a notice that says all sold out or something or take 10 minutes and update you website inventory.
    5 out of the 7 dealers I contacted this was the case, listed a bunch of skis under current inventory but really had nothing. WHY??

Quote Originally Posted by Sundaydriver View Post

I bought a new Wake Pro 230 a month ago. I did not attempt to negotiate too hard because all of the Sea-Doo dealers in my area were pretty much either out of inventory (except for Sparks and a few 300's here and there) or getting very close to being sold out until the 21 models hit, whenever that may be. If I played hardball and tried to walk to get a better deal, someone else very likely would have snatched that ski up. I live on the lake and wanted to have a Ski to enjoy this summer, so I bit the bullet. Was able to get a very small discount. I may have been able to do better and I'm sure I overpaid compared to a normal market year, but so be it. The enjoyment I'm getting out of it thus far is worth it.

Wow, just found out why they leave there inventory up when they are out of stock. A dealer just told me whatever brand wont let them take down there inventory or they face fines? I don't get it, Why would they want to make them keep there store specific in-stock inventory posted even if its wrong and they have nothing instock? I did notice a few dealers have sold banners across some of the pictures of there inventory products. Why would I care if its sold Just take it down, maybe this explains 1/2 of the story.

+1
    All dealers have limited or no inventory. The ones who have are asking for sticker or more. I was able to find and negotiate for STX 160 and 160LX considering it was their last 2 they had in stock.

+1
    I got $1200 off on a brand new FX SVHO here in North Carolina in 2018. Some dealers wouldn't give me much if any off the sticker at all. I've had the best luck doing a generic search on line and not a dealer specific search. PWC trader or something like that to find out who's discounting. I have had to usually drive several hours to get to a dealer that would discount anything close to 1000 or more.

+1
    There's nothing left for 2020 inventory in the Northeast. I showed some interest in a 20 Yamaha VXR because I'm not totally pleased with my 19 Sea Doo GTX 155. Dealers in NH ( Tax Free ) are completely sold out. Sure they offered to buy my machine, because there aching for used inventory, and I'd be left with nothing. Now be warned , some dealers are willing to knock off $500 - $1000 of there asking price, only to stick it to you with $1500 worth of dealer fees. Keep your eyes open before signing anything. I took it in the ass when I bought a left over 16 Yamaha VXD from a local Mass. dealer. When I was interested in the GTX seems the more I put down, the monthly got higher. Then a friend told me to go to NH and the GTX was $89 over, out the door at 4%. It buyer beware out there and if possible, Shop Around!

Thread Information