Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Changing bunks

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Sorry about that.

Happens to me too from time to time. Sometimes I can click previous page on the browser and recover the text. Sometimes ...

For long form writing (especially if it is going to take a while to complete), best to open up a text notepad app and do the writing there, then copy and paste into the forum web form.
    It was my fault for being so slow about responding, lesson learned.

+1
    I bought bunk slides from amazon. they are a blue plastic resin. they are not predrilled or countersunk,but I work in a machine shop so predrilled and countersunk them in a jig. I installed them while my PWC was in the water. SOB just be careful , the next time I launched her,the winch damn near broke my wrist. No fiction at all. Don't seem to be causing any damage at all.

Quote Originally Posted by seamurph View Post
    I bought bunk slides from amazon. they are a blue plastic resin. they are not predrilled or countersunk,but I work in a machine shop so predrilled and countersunk them in a jig. I installed them while my PWC was in the water. SOB just be careful , the next time I launched her,the winch damn near broke my wrist. No fiction at all. Don't seem to be causing any damage at all.
    I bought white ones off ebay, they were pre-drilled and countersunk, also came with screws but after reading that some guys were having hull damage I decided to not use them but if I remember right the guys that were having issues with them had the Yamaha's with some sort of composite hull.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seamurph View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSilva View Post
    I bought white ones off ebay, they were pre-drilled and countersunk, also came with screws but after reading that some guys were having hull damage I decided to not use them but if I remember right the guys that were having issues with them had the Yamaha's with some sort of composite hull.

Correct. It's been long understood with Yamaha's to stick with marine carpet bunks, because the hulls are simply painted - no gel coat, or any other protective "coating". Simply physics - which is tougher... HDPE/LDPE or paint.
    One can still use composite boards to prevent wood-rot, etc.... just be sure to wrap in carpet again.

5. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by TimeBandit View Post
    Correct. It's been long understood with Yamaha's to stick with marine carpet bunks, because the hulls are simply painted - no gel coat, or any other protective "coating". Simply physics - which is tougher... HDPE/LDPE or paint.
    One can still use composite boards to prevent wood-rot, etc.... just be sure to wrap in carpet again.

So then it would be safe to put the bunk slides on mine, I have a Honda Aquatrax. thanks for your feedback!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information