Help!!!! Pretty sure this is bad, really bad

Hey there, long story short last week hit hard wave and about 30 seconds later starboard engine sounded oil alarm. Killed engine and checked oil was full and clear. Started back up and was running rough. Tried heading back and see if was just a fluke. Got on plane and oil light alarm limp mode right away. Same checks no change. Limped back home and pulled out. Tool pumps off and inspected. Oil still clean and started troubleshooting. Fast forward today i sucked oil out and itís now dark and shimmery like glitter. Also pulled the oil filter and itís crushed.

is the engine toast? Itís only 3 year old engine. Had replaced from supercharger blowing up. Is this something I can fix in drive way?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1D1F7571-EA0C-4A10-A3AA-778F779CAA32.jpeg 
Views:	65 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	463968   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E1195C9E-6933-4EAD-BA69-99C9E5432B8E.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	463969  

chances are you have leaking intercooler, filters do look like that after water intrusion. otherwise would like to hear what was the real cause?

Quote Originally Posted by 04pacman View Post
    Hey there, long story short last week hit hard wave and about 30 seconds later starboard engine sounded oil alarm. Killed engine and checked oil was full and clear. Started back up and was running rough. Tried heading back and see if was just a fluke. Got on plane and oil light alarm limp mode right away. Same checks no change. Limped back home and pulled out. Tool pumps off and inspected. Oil still clean and started troubleshooting. Fast forward today i sucked oil out and it’s now dark and shimmery like glitter. Also pulled the oil filter and it’s crushed.

is the engine toast? It’s only 3 year old engine. Had replaced from supercharger blowing up. Is this something I can fix in drive way?

3. +1 by:

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    and this three year old engine came from.....?

the filter looks like it's covered in flecks of bearing material, can't really tell due to image resolution

I'd get an actual oil pressure gauge on the engine before starting it again to see what the o/p actually is. There is a plug on the back of the head to connect it

wild guess, lost a main bearing, which plugged the filter with debris

engine isn't knocking?

bore scope down the plug holes might show something too, as pulling an engine is a painful job on that boat unless you've got a decent home shop

check compression too, that would be the very first thing I'd do. don't run the engine unless you can confirm the oil pressure for now

had the oil been milky I would have suspected the intercooler leak, but the metal slush in the oil points to a bearing

Thread Information