2012 RXP-X 260 Help :(

Hey PWC Owners,

I'm a newbie into the PWC world. I just recently bought a used 2012 RXP-X 260. It has 123 Hours on it and I know there are some fixes I need to do such as Supercharger rebuild kit, The Impeller and Wear Ring is definitely in need of replacing which I purchased as well cause I can hear cavitation as i'm riding.

Problem:
    I've been having a long continuous beep sometimes and it telling me to Check Engine. My friend said it means that the Ski is overheating. I checked the coolant and it looks fine... I did the compression test on the coolant bottle and it was holding pressure. I did a oil change and a coolant flush and the coolant wasn't milky so it doesn't look like it's a Head gasket issue. Prior to this it seemed like there were leakage from the cap. But after doing the flush it doesn't seem so anymore. The Ski still sometimes pop the Check Engine with a loud continuous beep, i'm wondering if it could be because of the cavitation from the wear ring / impeller. Any Ideas?

Also,
    I would love to see any other mods that other RXP-X 260 owners have done to their ski, I want to try to add music like the newer skis (Not sure if that's a good idea or not) but if you have it on your Ski please show me and give me some ideas.

Anyone also done LED Drain Plugs? Wouldn't mind getting my hands on something like that and set it up as well. Would love to know where you guys get your drain plugs.

Thank you for taking your time reading this and giving me feedback.

+1
    Whatís the faultcode?
    Only active faults are shown in the scroll down menu.
    Engine must be stopped and display awake.
    There can be multiple fault codes.

I tried looking for Fault Code... I dunno how to get to that... I read somewhere that when the CEL comes on I should press Set 5 times... and it should give me codes but it didn't.

The ski doesn't shut off though. I don't have a Candoo or anything either.

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adjustments.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	464003

Looks like the fault code is p0127. Could be faulty sensor or intercooler problem maybe?

+1
    They changed the MATS sensor in those years for a better one.
    Old one was green and new one blue (if I remember correct).
    Frontside of your plastic air inlet manifold.

If itís not the sensor the IC can be clogged as well. Check water flow or measure with a IR laser temperature gun when the alarm pops up.

I think mine is a Green / Blue one cause I looked at it yesterday.

Which one would you recommend? I see on SeadooPartshouse it seems to still be the OEM one there.

If it's the intercooler oh god. Should I clean it or just buy a new intercooler?

Also noticing that i'm running through coolant WAYYY too fast... after 1 hour of play it'll be from max to like below minimum.

But i don't see any leaks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JChoi View Post
    Also noticing that i'm running through coolant WAYYY too fast... after 1 hour of play it'll be from max to like below minimum.

But i don't see any leaks.
    Thats most likely a blown head gasket. That won't show up on any pressure test but a tell tale sign is dark specs in the coolant bottle. It doesn't leak until you get into boost then the boost pressure raises the coolant pressure too high and the coolant blows out of the over flow tube into the hull.

This literally sounds like what is happening.
    Looks like i'll order a Cylinder Head Gasket

Thread Information