GP1300R Holeshot Mod Advice

Hi,

I have recently bought a Jetworks valve an carried out the mods to improve holeshot. I have basically used the the old bilge take off for my feed in, and T'd into my the original return for my drain.

Problem is, I've recently pulled my stinger to fit a new throttle cable, and noticed a bit of runny oil in the exhaust, I can even see leakage from where the D plate is (thats never leaked before)

Have I done something wrong or is it normal to have excess water in the exhaust now?

I made a block off gasket out of 1mm rubber sheet and fitted that along with the original gasket (can be seen in pics)

The pipe in your 1300 is a little different than in our 01 1200R, but I literally just finished installing the Island racing kit. It said to tap the drain 6" from transom. I also relocated the rear temp sender where it appears you have installed a plug. When I pulled my pipe it was oily as hell. I'm not sure what oil was run in ours prior to us owning it, but I ran Yamalube and now will be running Amsoil Interceptor premixed. We will see if it burns cleaner.

What oil are you using??

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesyfxr View Post
    The pipe in your 1300 is a little different than in our 01 1200R, but I literally just finished installing the Island racing kit. It said to tap the drain 6" from transom. I also relocated the rear temp sender where it appears you have installed a plug. When I pulled my pipe it was oily as hell. I'm not sure what oil was run in ours prior to us owning it, but I ran Yamalube and now will be running Amsoil Interceptor premixed. We will see if it burns cleaner.

What oil are you using??
    It was running yamalube, but now I'm running a Rock Oil Synthetic 2 stroke. Just seemed as though there was water in the wrong part of the exhaust ie not the water jacket? Maybe my drain is too high up? Would this make a difference if it wasn't draining effectively?

Thanks for your reply!

My drain is on the bottom of the pipe, then routes through the bulkhead and taps into the drain 6" forward of the transom. I followed the jetworks mod thread pretty much to a tee.

Thread Information