Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1
    I purchased two Motorcraft FL 400S filters from Walmart for my VXS and VXR oil changes several months ago. I think they were about $4 each. The Motorcraft FL 910S is a shorter version of the same filter.

NAPA Gold 1348 works, too. I just checked and I have two on my shelf in the garage. I probably paid about $7 each for them.

That is some good information and sounds very reasonable to me. I’ll just continue to change it and keep on eye on it. At least the shaving are a soft aluminum and not steel.

How long do you think I should run it between changes?

+1
    Originally Posted by Mac800
    Ok, would you happen to know the filter number for either of those?

If you can keep any metal shavings from entering the lubricating system , this filter will do that. This filter has a micro glass synthetic filter media. Most manufacturers that make low cost filters do not disclose or advertise any data on their products filtration range or efficiency. Most oil filters only filter down to 25 Ķm. Mobile oil filters filter down to 10 Ķm and so do all of your Amsoil filters.

Mobil 1 oil filter 103 Walmart $ 9.88
    Last edited by cjk6119; 07-13-2020 at 05:01 PM.

5. +1 by:

Honestly I don’t mind spending a few extra bucks on a filter if it will do a better job. That’s nothing compared to what I have into the ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac800 View Post
    Honestly I don’t mind spending a few extra bucks on a filter if it will do a better job. That’s nothing compared to what I have into the ski.
    Just ask some one here what they recommend for changing a oil filter doing the job you are asking it to do. These filters get dirty fast because of the filtering properties it has, and as it get clogged it becomes more efferent. That does not mean its good, cause it will hamper the flow of oil but it has a bypass in it too.

Good Luck to you...hope all works out for you.
    C J

Thanks CJ, I’ll just keep changing the oil and keep an eye on it. Really all I can do at this point.

I finally got around to cutting open the oil filter I took off. There were some shavings here and there on the outside of the paper element, but honestly it didn’t look too bad. The inside was perfectly clean, so at least the filter is doing it’s job.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac800 View Post
    I finally got around to cutting open the oil filter I took off. There were some shavings here and there on the outside of the paper element, but honestly it didn’t look too bad. The inside was perfectly clean, so at least the filter is doing it’s job.
    Are you using the Mobil 1 filter or not?

I had three Yamaha filters, so I’m just using those first. I’ll try the Mobil after I use the last one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information