Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2004 rxp wonít start

First time poster long time viewer, hopefully someone can help.
    so I picked up a 2004 rxp with 78 hours from a guy for a pretty low price. Only catch it wouldnít start. Iíve worked on a few different skis But Iím no professional thought I would give this one a shot. So got it home and tried to start it up, sounded like it wanted to crank but wouldnít. Checked battery and was bad, replaced with brand new battery tried again except this time I was getting what seemed like a bad starter or something. Very sluggish cranking. Had a backup oem starter from another ski of mine. Swapped them out and tried again, same issue. However this time I through 2 different codes, p1680 & p1682. Iíve read every post I can find online and some have said replace ecu some have said something else. Iíve looked at all my wires, connectors, grounds etc. no change. Maybe someone here can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Nobody? Any help would be appreciated.

+1
    What does the jet pump look like? If it's jacked it could be binding. Also test voltage at starter while cranking. I've seen faulty solenoids cut voltage down but still appear to be working.

Iíll take a look at voltage at starter, I did check voltage at starter solenoid it was 12.6. Pump is off ski with no binding or issues what so ever.

Iím showing 10.7 at starter while cranking

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkustwin6 View Post
    I’m showing 10.7 at starter while cranking
    Dont think that will be enough to start it.

So how could I be dropping from 12.64 on battery and relay then drop that low? Cables?

Also, little update I felt around the motor and check connections again and checked grounds again. Felt a little stronger turning over without the plugs so figured I would give it a shot for the hell of it. I was able to get it to start for about 1-2 seconds a few separate times but then it almost seemed like a dead battery and wouldn’t finish turning over. Checked battery and still at 12.64v. I should also mention I have the supercharger off awaiting rebuild Monday and the exhaust pipe was disconnected from the manifold. But I still assumed it would start either a little more than that or try and run. Insight would be helpful. Also no codes were being a thrown at all today?

+1
    So how could I be dropping from 12.64 on battery and relay then drop that low? Cables?
    bad solenoid

+1
    Also, little update I felt around the motor and check connections again and checked grounds again. Felt a little stronger turning over without the plugs so figured I would give it a shot for the hell of it. I was able to get it to start for about 1-2 seconds a few separate times but then it almost seemed like a dead battery and wouldn’t finish turning over. Checked battery and still at 12.64v. I should also mention I have the supercharger off awaiting rebuild Monday and the exhaust pipe was disconnected from the manifold. But I still assumed it would start either a little more than that or try and run. Insight would be helpful. Also no codes were being a thrown at all today?
    It will not run for long with out the exhaust hooked up, or the SC out for that matter. Did you plug the hole the the SC was in?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information