+1

Idle dropping between Forward and Reverse/stalling

I have been having trouble with the idle on my 2016 FX Cruiser SVHO. This is Stage 3+ build that I just started to de-tune to be more family friendly. At the end of last summer the throttle body coded. I replaced it with a low hour TB from a twin ski. No more codes and no more constant swing of rpm at idle. It would swing from 1000 rpm to 1800 rpm and set a series of codes at startup. Real pain in the ass to ride but I got through the summer.

Back in the water this year, the idle is acting up again (no codes). I pulled the intake to check for vacuum leaks and resealed everything. I swapped the intercooler and BOV from the twin ski just in case. These parts are old but have never been run in the water.

Still have the same problem. I got some data late last night and sent it off to Jesus. I put the stock SC wheel on to slow the ski down and it still made 19.6 psi of boost at 8200 rpm. The power is much smoother and definitely less aggressive.

I am going to swap in a cleaned set of 100 lb fuel injectors. This ski does have the original fuel pump. I need to put a gauge on it and watch the fuel pressure. This is a stock dead head setup.

Has anyone had problems with the hand controls wearing out. They definitively get lots of use on the Forward side.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Robert

+1
    Got a new tune up this morning and ran the ski. No more stalling, JesusG said he made some changes to fix it. It probably got messed up in the tune last year as the old TB was failing and we were making adjustments.

Ski runs like a top, good power, not aggressive, smooth, better fuel consumption too. I do not have a top speed as the dash was off. I can get that from the candoo next time.

Robert

did u run an 17LBS wheel or even bigger ? did you feel a strong difference between stock wheel and an RIVA wheel.... ? what rpm are you spinning with stage 3 vs stage 2 ?

+1
    I have never run a 17psi wheel, my Stage 3 wheel was 19psi and RC-2 cam. This hits instantly aggressively hard. I am trying to detune well under 80mph. More like 70mph max. May not be possible. I do not have final rpm numbers but I am seeing low 8000. I used to spin this ski close to 10k in cool weather and 9500 in the heat.

it is retired now low rpm use only.

Robert

Thread Information