2014 GTX S 155 Oil Change procedure - Do you need to remove the Engine Cowl/Cover?

Hi everyone

I have a 2014 GTX S 155 and I am looking to change the engine oil. The previous owner said he did it right before he sold it (and when I check the oil, the level looks great and light in color). However, I am one who would like to do it just in case, therefore I know it 100% has been changed.

I started looking into it yesterday (was going going to change the oil before the weekend) and I noticed the Engine cover/cowl (black plastic cover that seals the engine bay from water, etc) made it really tight to get to the oil filter. Does the cover have to be removed to do an oil change? It seems super extensive to have to remove the entire upper deck just to do an oil change.

I did purchase the service manual, but it does not reference anything about removing the engine cover.

Thanks in advance.

You will need to remove the plastic engine cover. It is a very tight fit to get to the oil filter on the suspension models. If you don’t have one, get a 1/4“ stub ratchet. The socket you will need is a #10 e torx. To remove the oil, you will need an oil pump/vacuum to extract the oil from the dip stick tube. If you don’t have an owners manual, you can download them from Seadoo’s website.

Thank you for the Reply MMEDENI

Yes, the plastic engine top cover will have to be removed, naturally. I was just a little confused if the side engine cowl/cover had to be removed. I did buy the service manual...and it is quite a process to remove the engine bay cowl..so I was thinking there was no way it had to be removed just to change the oil.

I do have all to tools ready, I just wanted to make sure before I started the job. I think I read somewhere that you can use a 8MM socket to get the oil filter screw out..but I will just go buy a #10 e Torx socket. I might even have one already.

Thanks!

Thread Information