Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Don’t know what exactly happened but called my dealer and he said he has a new motor under warranty on order for my ski.

I presume a new supercharger is also not included and I still have a supercharger slip issue and my new motor will only do 66mph which is where I was stuck at before the cel and limp mode. I don’t want to pay $850 to rebuild supercharger with 93 hours and then still sell the ski before spring.

what a pain in the ass. My 260px lost a motor at 73 hours a couple years ago. At least warranty, but not having a ski for a month sucks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeR397 View Post
    Don’t know what exactly happened but called my dealer and he said he has a new motor under warranty on order for my ski.

I presume a new supercharger is also not included and I still have a supercharger slip issue and my new motor will only do 66mph which is where I was stuck at before the cel and limp mode. I don’t want to pay $850 to rebuild supercharger with 93 hours and then still sell the ski before spring.

what a pain in the ass. My 260px lost a motor at 73 hours a couple years ago. At least warranty, but not having a ski for a month sucks
    It always happens at the worst time. At least the motor was covered, would've been nice if they covered the charger too. They tried to get me to to the extended warranty specifically for the charger so I still think it is odd that it is not covered.

+1
    Update: Got out today with the seats and deck off to check a few things.

Smooth water, 70 degree air temp, high humidity (88%), trim just under neutral, and DIY short stack intake resulted in a consistent 7900 rpm with blips of 8000 and a steady 76 mph dash.

But the reason I had the seats/deck off is that my carbon seal has left a very pronounced black mark all thru the inside. It has been there since new but has gotten progressively worse over time. The machine is at 34 hours now. I was checking for leaks and sure enough there is one, which fortunately was found before it got too bad, since I planned on bringing it up north for the weekend where it would be sitting in the water for 2 days.

I'll be reviewing the GoPro footage to verify where the leak is coming from, when riding it looks like its coming from the aft end of the bellows.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0025.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	466615   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1821.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	466616  

Quote Originally Posted by jackk0o View Post
    . It has been pretty hot and humid here lately as well.
    2020 rxtx +SCOM
    illinois rock river (Rockford)

31 may, temperature 70 degress, water ? cool - max speed 80 mph, stable 79.....max rpm 8050, 8100
    july, august temperature 80-90 degress, water ? hot - max speed 76 mph , max rpm 7800

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazik_R52 View Post
    2020 rxtx +SCOM
    illinois rock river (Rockford)

31 may, temperature 70 degress, water ? cool - max speed 80 mph, stable 79.....max rpm 8050, 8100
    july, august temperature 80-90 degress, water ? hot - max speed 76 mph , max rpm 7800
    That’s exactly where I’m located! I’m on the river all the time. I have a carbon seal issue to sort out now but I’m sure we have crossed paths.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeR397 View Post

as an update, my head gasket blew and I had a full coolant tank of oil. Dealer replaced motor and said the supercharged checked out great. I got the ski back late august and it pulls strong and like it did new, 70mph in average temps and 72 with 50 degree weather and water now (6”6’ 285lbs rider).

so, happy this got taken care of despite a 5 week wait in the middle of summer. My 18px warranty is up in March and this is the second px I’ve owned that’s got a new motor under warranty, so here is to hoping for a good 4yr warranty on a 2021px.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information