Help with 2006 RXT 215 shutting off

Ski starts up and idle fine. But if I rid it and rev past 3800 rpm, engine shuts off and will not start again. Wait 2 hours and it starts right up. I replaced the spark plugs, battery, and sucked out old gas. Added new premium gas with Seafoam cleaner but no bueno. If I let it idle for 10 mins, it will shut off. No error codes or alarm. This feels like it overheated, since it will start when engine has cooled down. I was not the last person to ride it, so I don't know what happened to it. Could there have been something that got sucked up and clogged the cooling system? I read that some people have clogged intercooler. Is the intercooler cooled with anti-freeze or lake water? What should I check for?

+1
    Intercooler and exhaust are cooled by lake water.
    Any fault codes? Press the set button 5x and it should beep and display any fault or just END if none.
    Did the old sparkplugs look ok?
    Maybe a leaking intercooler.
    Flush it first, see if that helps.
    Coolant bottle full?
    OIl look ok?

Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    Intercooler and exhaust are cooled by lake water.
    Any fault codes? Press the set button 5x and it should beep and display any fault or just END if none.
    Did the old sparkplugs look ok?
    Maybe a leaking intercooler.
    Flush it first, see if that helps.
    Coolant bottle full?
    OIl look ok?
    This is an 06 model and does not have the set button. Any other way to get fault codes?
    Old spark plugs looks ok. Coolant level fine. Oil looks good with no water. I also changed the oil. How do you flush the intercooler? My brother said he last went through a narrow canal that was shallow. So maybe it sucked something up? Where would it get sucked to? Also, could the temperature sensor be bad?

Does it go from suddenly idling well to just die or does it sputter then shut down. Can you connect a fuel pressure gauge to fuel rail and see what your fuel pressure does?

Quote Originally Posted by turbojoe View Post
    Does it go from suddenly idling well to just die or does it sputter then shut down. Can you connect a fuel pressure gauge to fuel rail and see what your fuel pressure does?
    It'll sputter then die. Same as when I rev it, I can tell that it starts to lose momentum then sputter. Will see if I can get a fuel pressure gauge and test. I was going to remove the injectors to see if they are clogged.

Quote Originally Posted by turbojoe View Post
    I tested the fuel pressure and it turns out that after it warms up, it loses pressure. It goes down to 0. Does this mean that the fuel pump is bad or is there blockage? Can I just replace the fuel filter?

Thread Information