+1

2000 Polaris Genesis FICHT Fuel Pump? Issue

Its been sitting but it ran when I got it. It bogged probably 50% of the time trying to get up on plane but you could get it going by feathering throttle most of the time. I pulled fuel pump assembly and drained tank and filled with fresh gas. When I went to start it back up it started right away but only ran a few seconds then ran out of gas. The fuel pump is not running. If I ground brown wire with it plugged in it doesn’t run. If I unplug and run jumper wires to power and ground it runs. I have power to plug and ground to plug always. If I check voltage using plug power and ground it’s 1 volt less than using plug power and engine ground. What is going on?

+1
    When you had the fuel pump out did you check to see if the fuel pressure regulator had been reinforced, or have you done that previously? I’m wondering if that was your bogging issue. Running a FICHT ski with a bog usually results in engine damage.

Check all your connections for corrosion. I believe the wire that supplies that power is fastened to one side of the solenoid with a ring terminal, I could be wrong.

+1
    Yes regulator was on all looked like new, the pump will run if plug on top of tank is powered and grounded direct, not from
    EMM. The engine itself is fine I did not ride it much bogging just to test it.

+1
    The regulator still being attached is not good enough. Unless it has been reinforced it will fall off.

If I’m wrong I’m sure one of the experts will correct me but without consulting the wiring diagram I believe this is how it works. The EMM supplies ground to the fuel pump, not 12v+. According to your first post it sounds like you have a problem with your 12v+ supply. Check the connection on the solenoid for corrosion and good connection. Check for a broken wire and make sure the circuit breaker is working properly. I’m assuming it’s not popped.

Thread Information