Check Engine (IBR Malfunction with codes P1661, C0073, C2102)

Here lately I seem to be having intermittent check engine issues. For the last few weeks it only happened a couple times at slow speed. In full disclosure I sucked in a piece of velcro 2 days ago and did an IBR override to look in the pump. I put it back where I was after I removed the trash and moved on. Went for a ride yesterday and everything was fine, until I docked; I assume until I tried using IBR which at the time I was to focused on the engine light and not the fact that IBR wasn't working. I didn't catch the code and restarted seemed to reset things for a few minutes.

I went out this morning to see if the light would come on and pretty much my first hole shot kicked the engine light on; flashed IBR Malfunction. I went into fault codes and found 3; P1661, C0073, C2102. Every service place is backed up for weeks so i'm not sure if it's just safe to run it without IBR or how to proceed. Any advice is appreciated.

Upon further inspection it appears I have a broken linkage arm; which is why it's been intermittent. It'll be a few days until the part comes. Wonder if I should take my chances until then.

Quote Originally Posted by vxooxv View Post
    Upon further inspection it appears I have a broken linkage arm; which is why it's been intermittent. It'll be a few days until the part comes. Wonder if I should take my chances until then.

I replaced the broken linkage arm however the IBR alarm immediately kicks on when waking up the ski and I can't seem to get it into IBR override. When on the water, it doesn't want to go anywhere because I think the reverse bucket is half way down.

Is there a way to clear the codes or 'reset' things so IBR goes back to normal... without taking it to service?

Thread Information