Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

+1
    Well that seemed to do it, had to chase down hoses at 6 different shops before I found them in stock.
    ran really well, adjusted the fuel pressure once or twice but kept 58 and 8020 rpm so I can’t complain.

already have a buyer too for $9500, didn’t really want to sell it but for that price I will and pick up a 300 when the market settles down.
    thanks for all your help.
    Last edited by Mosser; 07-12-2020 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosser View Post
    Well that seemed to do it, had to chase down hoses at 6 different shops before I found them in stock.
    ran really well, adjusted the fuel pressure once or twice but kept 68 and 8020 rpm so I can’t complain.

already have a buyer too for $9500, didn’t really want to sell it but for that price I will and pick up a 300 when the market settles down.
    thanks for all your help.
    What was the problem mate? I have exacly the same symptoms on mime. Why do you replace all the hoses if they were ok with no leaks?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetplane View Post
    What was the problem mate? I have exacly the same symptoms on mime. Why do you replace all the hoses if they were ok with no leaks?
    their must have been a leak that I couldn’t catch, once I replaced all the fuel lines it ran great for 90 mins. A couple of adjustments to the fuel pressure regulator but not too much. I sold it about two days later to someone with more money then sense because he never even took it for a spin or looked it over much before handing me cash and drove off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosser View Post
    their must have been a leak that I couldn’t catch, once I replaced all the fuel lines it ran great for 90 mins. A couple of adjustments to the fuel pressure regulator but not too much. I sold it about two days later to someone with more money then sense because he never even took it for a spin or looked it over much before handing me cash and drove off.
    Very strange. If you have a leak you should notice some gasoline smell inside the hull and should be considerably strong.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetplane View Post
    Very strange. If you have a leak you should notice some gasoline smell inside the hull and should be considerably strong.
    True, if the hoses outside the tank are the source of the leak. We have been talking about the hoses inside the tank and fuel pump housing! It is common for guys to install the RRFPR and remove the OEM FPR, AND get the hoses INSIDE the fuel pump housing installed too short or long and cause them to bind up and eventually split a hose. Ask me how I know............

Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    True, if the hoses outside the tank are the source of the leak. We have been talking about the hoses inside the tank and fuel pump housing! It is common for guys to install the RRFPR and remove the OEM FPR, AND get the hoses INSIDE the fuel pump housing installed too short or long and cause them to bind up and eventually split a hose. Ask me how I know............
    I don't understand how can be possible since if you install the Regulator block off tap you don't touch the fuel hoses inside the pump. They are also quite difficult to move from the connector. Aniway I am try to understand since I still have problem with my fuel pressure. Yesterday I set my new fuel pressure regulator to 58 psi and today I tried to start the engine and the pressure was decreased to 50. I don't understand. Maybe is the new Regulator that had to adapt a little bit...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information