Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

+1
    If it has an RRFPR then the stock pressure regulator should have been removed, you will need a pressure regulator in the fuel circuit.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo831 View Post
    If it has an RRFPR then the stock pressure regulator should have been removed, you will need a pressure regulator in the fuel circuit.
    I thought it was maybe built into the fuel pump assembly, I can’t find a regulator in the fuel system schematic. In case you can’t tell I’m not a mechanic but I’m learning a lot with this thing lol.

+1
    Read this to educate your self on the RRFPR installation.

https://rivaracing.com/rt-3559-sea-doo.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7248-RS12050-340FP-08+-+08+and+Newer+Sea-Doo+High+Volume+Fuel+Pump+Kit 3.pdf  

+1
    If you look at the install instructions from Riva it is located under the assembly lid, it is replaced with a billet block in the kit. I think the Riva regulators are rebranded Edelbrock, you can get a rebuild kit for them from summit if you think there's something wrong with yours. I would replace all the hoses, clamps and pickup filters from the pump to the top of the block off plate first as suggested by jpt and 1tommygunner that is usually what causes the loss of pressure you're describing.
    https://rivaracing.com/file/7066-RS1...ulator+Kit.bin

+1
    Wow this is very helpful.
    yes you are both correct the stock regulator is removed.
    however according to this picture when looking at the RRFPR from the back of the ski the line in from the fuel tank is on the left and the line out to the rail is on the right. This is the opposite of what this ski had set up.

The pic of what the ski had sep up is from tank on the right through regulator out to the rail on the left. The pic is of my just putting it back up quick the hoses are not hooked up so don’t mind the placement they are resting on the motor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	76B70DC3-DF0E-4DC9-922E-5E6D9BAC61DE.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	193.8 KB 
ID:	463925   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	463926  
    Last edited by Mosser; 07-02-2020 at 01:41 PM.

+1
    Good post on how to route the lines, it's how I did mine.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=260405

+1
    Doesn’t matter which side the IN and Out is on, has nothing to do with your problem!

There are several ways to use a RRFPR. My ski goes from the tank fuel pump straight to the front rail, out the back of the rail, THEN to the RRFPR, then back to the tank. This is the best setup for a high performance setup.

We keep suggesting you check the hoses from the fuel pump and all other pressurized hoses for a reason. A split hose and or loose clamp will cause you to lose fuel pressure under load.

You can test the pump off of any 12v battery, just make sure it is far away, no fumes, and no spark potential.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Doesn’t matter which side the IN and Out is on, has nothing to do with your problem!

There are several ways to use a RRFPR. My ski goes from the tank fuel pump straight to the front rail, out the back of the rail, THEN to the RRFPR, then back to the tank. This is the best setup for a high performance setup.

We keep suggesting you check the hoses from the fuel pump and all other pressurized hoses for a reason. A split hose and or loose clamp will cause you to lose fuel pressure under load.

You can test the pump off of any 12v battery, just make sure it is far away, no fumes, and no spark potential.
    I’ve checked every inch of the hoses 2-3 times I can’t find a split in anything and I’m bending them up pretty good to make sure since I’m not using them again anyway.
    im replacing all the hoses and clamps tonight, just need to get to the parts store and get new.
    then I’ll get her all put back together and hopefully give her a go tomorrow morning.
    we’ll see how it all works out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Doesnít matter which side the IN and Out is on, has nothing to do with your problem!

Iíve checked every inch of the hoses 2-3 times I canít find a split in anything and Iím bending them up pretty good to make sure since Iím not using them again anyway.
    im replacing all the hoses and clamps tonight, just need to get to the parts store and get new.
    then Iíll get her all put back together and hopefully give her a go tomorrow morning.
    weíll see how it all works out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosser View Post
    I’ve checked every inch of the hoses 2-3 times I can’t find a split in anything and I’m bending them up pretty good to make sure since I’m not using them again anyway.
    then I’ll get her all put back together and hopefully give her a go tomorrow morning.
    we’ll see how it all works out.
    Do yourself a fAvour and make sure you get submersible fuel line or you will end up having a bad day again.

11. +1 by:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information