NOT resolved! Another slow/low RPMís VXR thread

After testing my 2019 against my wifeís 2016 I am still down about 400 rpms. Where hers is at 7000 mine is about 6600. Both skis are stock.
    I am taking it to another dealer but not hopeful. They mentioned fuel pump pressure check and possible throttle body issue. I am going to post new thread trying to find anyone with experience with high altitude impeller for VXR.
    Last edited by WyoVXR; 07-07-2020 at 11:15 AM.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome.

Do all four spark plugs look the same color, and all four cylinders are actually firing?

Correct spark plugs installed?

No warnings on dash?

Cylinder compression check?

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Welcome.

Do all four spark plugs look the same color, and all four cylinders are actually firing?

Correct spark plugs installed?

No warnings on dash?

Cylinder compression check?
    Yes I check each plug and all four look the same with the same color pattern. I installed the same Yamaha original plugs that was in it. There is no warnings on the dash. I thought about doing compression check but I would have to borrow gauge and then if there was an issue need to take it back to dealer anyway.
    I am thinking compression issue on one cylinder or maybe TPS?
    Thanks for your help.
    Zane

my fzs wouldn’t go about 6500 last week. Changed plugs and hits 8k all day now.

I updated this thread in case it might help someone else.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by WyoVXR View Post
    I updated this thread in case it might help someone else.
    For context, I am including the original post Ďproblem reportí

Quote Originally Posted by WyoVXR
    I know there are many threads related to low power and rpms on VXRís and I have read them all and have not been able to find the information Iím looking for.
    I traded a 2013 VXR for a new 2019 VXR and it only turns about 6000-6400. It has about 8 hours on it now. My wifeís and my previous 2013 would turn about 7000. We ride at 3-5K feet elevation so Iím use to running at less than 7500. However 6000-6400 doesnít seem right. All machines are completely stock no modifications.
    I discussed it with my dealer last week and he suggested changing plugs. I had already check all hoses, air intake filter and pump and impeller which all looked like new as you would expect.
    Unfortunately I tested it today and itís the same low rpms. It feels good to about 6000 and like the other two, then it acts like it hits a wall. The last third of the throttle does nothing.
    The problem is my dealer is 450 miles away and thereís none closer so hoping for some ideas of anything else I could check before making the long drive to the dealer. I asked if thereís an engine limit till about 10 hours and he said there wasnít. I even tried putting it into and out of low mode but thatís not the problem either.
    TIA
    Zane

Thanks 447 for including my original post I didn’t mean to erase the original post.

Thread Information