Virage engine swap help

I know most of you will think Iím crazy but I need some help
    i have an 02 virage txi hull. No engine no electrical othe that start/stop box. I also have a slt 750 that has the big bore kit on it and engine has few hrs since rebuild. Iím wanting to put the old Fiji plant in the virage just for a fun project and something to cruise with. Not looking for a power house or speed demon. The slt isnít really either so I donít expect the virage to be any different
    I know I have to swap fuel/ oil tanks and change motor mounting plates. Is there any other obstacles I should expect to see? Will the engine mounting plates bolt right on the Fiji engine?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoochy View Post
    ... 2002 virage TXi hull. No engine no electrical other than start/stop box.

... slt 750 ... engine ...

... Iím wanting to put the old Fiji plant in the virage ...

I know I have to swap fuel/ oil tanks and change motor mounting plates.

Is there any other obstacles I should expect to see? Will the engine mounting plates bolt right on the Fiji engine?
    There is, I think, some combination of engine mounting plates that can match the motor and the hull.

One of the members who has done a blue Fuji - red engine swap might recall which combination you will need. It may involve a bed plate from some other model. You may be able to info in one of the Polaris Projects forum threads on here.

You can use the Virage Ficht fuel tank with a carburetor engine, but you would need to source the fuel sender from a Polaris Freedom model. There was a year (or two) where the Freedom model used the exact fuel tank you have but had a sender that fit the large diameter mounting hole in the top of the tank.

Oil tank you can use as is, the carb Virage and Ficht Virage models use the exact same oil tank. And the same inline oil filter.

Electrical - do you have the Virage type MFi dash display?

I would suspect the SLT Fuji wire harness is not going to be a drop in fit in the Virage hull.

Are you Ok with splicing together a custom wire harness?

I do have the 1200 mounting plates that I’m hoping will be modifiable to fit the 750
    the wiring doesn’t bother me.
    I will see if I can find a genesis sending unit for it
    i don’t have the mfd but I don’t plan on using the slt unit. I’ll just make a mounting plate for it

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoochy View Post
    I will see if I can find a genesis sending unit for it

i donít have the mfd but I donít plan on using the slt unit. Iíll just make a mounting plate for it
    If you want to use a carb Genesis fuel sending unit you will also need the entire carb Genesis fuel tank. The sender opening at the top of the tank is different between carb and Ficht models. Same with Virage fuel tanks and fuel senders.

Or use the specific Freedom sending unit I mentioned.

Not sure what you intend to do with the MFD or MFI

Ya sorry I meant freedom sending unit
    i plan to just make a filler plate to go where the virage mfd was an mount the slt unit in that plate

Well it’s up and running. Hoping to water test this weekend

Thread Information