Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    19

    Newbie With A Question, where is the second HIN plate on 2007 Kawasaki Ultra LX?

    First of all, greetings from the Great White North. I hope you all are weathering the situation healthy. I am 100% new to PWC and recently bought a 2007 Kawasaki Ultra LX model JT1500C.

    The PO had floated a valve and it required a new valve and guide. It is running well now.

    My problem is my insurance company. They want to view the HIN number but the last two numbers on the right rear tag are unreadable (year of man.).

    I have read on the net that there are alternate locations for the HIN number. I believe I read that there was one under the battery but I have removed the battery and the four bolts holding the mount and cannot locate anything.

    Am I mistaken about this "extra location"? Am I hooped?

    Thank you for any help anyone can shoot my way.
    Last edited by K447; 06-27-2020 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Thread title clarity


  2. #2
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    42,973
    +1
    2,226
    Welcome.

    If the watercraft is indeed a 2007 model then the last two digits of the HIN number will be 07

    All boats and PWC of all brands use the same system for encoding the HIN number.

    Does the bill of sale not show the complete HIN number?

    Or the registration document for the hull bow numbers?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    19
    Thanks for the reply. This ski has never been registered with transport Canada. The bill of sale does show the HIN but my insurance guy is being fussy. He knows the number should be 14 digits and wants to see them all.

  4. #4
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    42,973
    +1
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by arbee56 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. This ski has never been registered with transport Canada.

    The bill of sale does show the HIN but my insurance guy is being fussy. He knows the number should be 14 digits and wants to see them all.
    Well, HIN number is only 12 digits long, not 14.

    And you have all 12 digits from the bill of sale.
    The SERIAL number is the middle five digits, after the three letters for the manufacturer.

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2916658

    Where the manufacturer HIDES the second HIN plate depends on the model and the year. Often in an oddball or hard to get at location.
    Last edited by K447; 06-26-2020 at 10:20 PM.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Well, HIN number is only 12 digits long, not 14.

    And you have all 12 digits from the bill of sale.
    The SERIAL number is the middle five digits, after the three letters for the manufacturer.

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2916658

    Where the manufacturer HIDES the second HIN plate depends on the model and the year. Often in an oddball or hard to get at location.

    I am realizing that. That is why I was hoping someone could tell me where that location is on my model and year.
    Last edited by K447; 06-26-2020 at 10:20 PM.

  6. #6
    steve45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,762
    +1
    770
    Yes, 12 digits.

    On my 2010 Ultra LX, the hidden HIN plate is out in the open in the rear part of the hull. You have to remove the seat mounting plate (4 nuts and two screws for the air box). Slide the seat mount back and up, then look on the bottom right side of the hull. There is a concave section where a second water box could be mounted, but it isn't. That's where the HIN plate is.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Yes, 12 digits.

    On my 2010 Ultra LX, the hidden HIN plate is out in the open in the rear part of the hull. You have to remove the seat mounting plate (4 nuts and two screws for the air box). Slide the seat mount back and up, then look on the bottom right side of the hull. There is a concave section where a second water box could be mounted, but it isn't. That's where the HIN plate is.
    Thank you. I will check there.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Yes, 12 digits.

    On my 2010 Ultra LX, the hidden HIN plate is out in the open in the rear part of the hull. You have to remove the seat mounting plate (4 nuts and two screws for the air box). Slide the seat mount back and up, then look on the bottom right side of the hull. There is a concave section where a second water box could be mounted, but it isn't. That's where the HIN plate is.
    Hey @steve45 You are the man! The HIN plate was exactly where you said it was. Appreciate the help!

  9. #9
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    42,973
    +1
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by arbee56 View Post
    ... The HIN plate ...
    Did the numbers on the two plates match?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Did the numbers on the two plates match?
    Yes.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie question
    By Sam SHO in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-03-2015, 10:16 AM
  2. Newbie and Newbie question on 2008 Sea Doo 130hp GTI
    By cleaner in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-26-2014, 11:52 AM
  3. Hi From A Newbie......plus a newbie question.
    By Gaz From Brum in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 09:41 AM
  4. another newbie question
    By wannagofast83 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-16-2011, 11:39 PM
  5. Newbie question.
    By IowanGPR in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •