Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow 2020 FX SVHO first oil change at ten hours, what is involved?

Just got my 2020 FX SVHO and the dealer told me to bring it in after 10 hours for oil change and also they check everything and its for $200

Is that a scam to just get me to spend or is there anything else they do besides the oil change, also this guy is an hour away...hauling my ski this far is a pain and the streets there suck for a trailer.

I can change the oil my self if there is nothing else special that this guy can do. Also isnt the oil changed every season?
    Last edited by K447; 06-25-2020 at 11:04 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
    Just got my 2020 FX SVHO and the dealer told me to bring it in after 10 hours for oil change and also they check everything and its for $200

Is that a scam to just get me to spend or is there anything else they do besides the oil change, also this guy is an hour away...hauling my ski this far is a pain and the streets there suck for a trailer.

I can change the oil my self if there is nothing else special that this guy can do. Also isnt the oil changed every season?
    you should be allowed to change your oil yourself, just keep your receipt for the oil and filter. The manufacturer suggest that you change your oil every 50 hours after the initial oil change. Make sure you do not use synthetic oil if your ski is super charged.
    Take care
    CJ

just realized you have a SVHO, nice ski, you are going to have a blast with it and you will be surprised how powerful it is. Not much will hang with you out on the water if they are stock.
    take care Moe
    cj
    Last edited by cjk6119; 06-25-2020 at 08:21 AM.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    ... 2020 FX SVHO and the dealer told me to bring it in after 10 hours for oil change and also they check everything ...

Is that a scam to just get me to spend or is there anything else they do besides the oil change ...

... isn't the oil changed every season?
    It is a good idea to carefully inspect many things during the 10 hour service. You certainly can buy the service manual and do your own maintenance work.

Beware that if your own work is not well documented the manufacturer may potentially deny (some of) your warranty coverage should a major issue occur that could perhaps have been avoided by a dealer servicing.

The dealer & Yamaha (may) also be aware of common issues they are seeing on other similar models and take care of it during the ten hour, whereas you may not know about a particular issue.

Your owners manual outlines the servicing intervals. Based on engine hours and calendar time.

I change the oil filter with every oil change and change the oil myself. I only use the recommended Yamalube 4W oil.

We have well over 200 hours on each of our 2017 GP1800.

Thnx guys for all the info, I guess Ill bite the bullet and haul my ass there for the 1st change.

+1
    ... there for the 1st change.
    I will suggest you also do your own inspection.

Look for loose hose clamps, cables or hoses flopping around, that sort of thing.

On my own SVHO I removed the plastic engine top cover so I could see and inspect around the engine more easily. That engine cover is in long term storage until the time comes to sell the machine.

I also removed the shroud cover for the electrical panel, which makes it much easier to see around the rear area. If I ever need to replace a fuse on the water, will be much easier without the cover. I don't recall how the new FX SVHO electrical is packaged/covered.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    I will suggest you also do your own inspection.

Look for loose hose clamps, cables or hoses flopping around, that sort of thing.

On my own SVHO I removed the plastic engine top cover so I could see and inspect around the engine more easily. That engine cover is in long term storage until the time comes to sell the machine.

I also removed the shroud cover for the electrical panel, which makes it much easier to see around the rear area. If I ever need to replace a fuse on the water, will be much easier without the cover. I don't recall how the new FX SVHO electrical is packaged/covered.
    Thnx for the valuable info!

Thnx for the valuable info!
    I was told also to get a silicone spray of some sort to spray the engine parts and stuff, which ones to get and where do i spray?

+1
    I prefer Lanox. Has served me very well.

Here's a picture of my (now sold) 2011 SeaDoo engine with 350 salt hours:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011 GTI engine bay.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	150.6 KB 
ID:	463617  

+1
    I was told also to get a silicone spray of some sort to spray the engine parts and stuff, which ones to get and where do i spray?
    Fresh water riding?

I have posted elsewhere about the CRC Heavy Duty Corrosion spray coating I use, as I sometimes ride in salt water. Creates a slightly yellowish and rather thick coating on the protected surfaces.

For fresh water protection you could use the thinner CRC-56 product or similar.

I don't think 'silicone' is a necessary ingredient. I also apply Fluid Film in areas where I want a goopy protective film that does not dry.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post3053311

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post3012214

Quote Originally Posted by Xspook View Post
    I prefer Lanox. Has served me very well.

Here's a picture of my (now sold) 2011 SeaDoo engine with 350 salt hours:

Damn, so what did you use?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information