My quest to make the best GP1200s I can

Hello everyone my names Nick I'm from MN ive got 2 1997 Gp1200s I picked up for next to nothing. I'm new to the jetski world I come form the snowmobile world I'm no stranger to 2strokes. So I like these things but lets face it we all want more speed and better handling. Since a lot of the ride plates everyone loves and raves about cant be found new anymore I've decided to make everything inhouse. the only thing aftermarket on the skis were the R&D scoop grates. everything else is bone stock so I've orderd almost every prop solas offers for the GP1200 over the next few months I'll be making everything I can on these skies playing around with different setups. I know im trying to reinvent the wheel but I'm also the same guy who still rides wedge chassis sleds and is obsessed with speed. ill post some before and after pictures of my skies here in the next few days the one is needing some fiberglass repair. I've thought about going as far as to make a full carbon fiber hull I've made a few larger molds in the past with good success. The carbon hull will end up being a fall and spring project.

+1
    You are reinventing the wheel. The recipes are out there. Just pick one that matches your goal and budget. I know itís less fun then learning it all on your own but...

Thread Information