Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

+1
    Wait and see what the experts say about it but I assume, like you, that if it’s fuel resistant it should be OK. I was afraid it was the cheap stuff you referred to.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Tygon for pulse fitting I'd say no way. Run it and see what you get or buy 20' of fuel hose for $1 a foot. up to you.

If ordering sealant, no reason to not use 1211. (I've also read yamabond works well too) Like mentioned must be fuel resistant.

Agreed on all 3 points. Doing it again, I would have went for firmer fuel line. And using the Tygon on the pulse hose would be no bueno.

And the Internet seems to agree, use the 3bond stuff. I just used what I could source locally. Amazon has been slow as hell around here for "non-essential" stuff lately, and the powersports dealers I've tried around my area are pretty unhelpful.

The first fire-up was pretty uneventful. Seems to be running on all 3. Idle is a little high, around 1800, and a couple parts to put back on yet. Getting excited to get it out on the water so I can swim it back to shore!

Just here to eat my humble pie. That Tygon fuel line sucks. Can't get it to seal to save my life. !*@&!&#*!

Side note, any good techniques for "bleeding" the fuel system? Is it even necessary once I've got my fuel lines replaced, or will the bubbles just work themselves out on their own?

I put the jet drive back together today. It's way louder than I expected. Best I can describe it, when the engine stutters the jet rattles. My assumption is that things will quiet down once there's water in it, but happy to be corrected if the pump should be silky smooth even out of the water.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Polaris jet pumps do have a characteristic metallic rattle when the engine is running on land.

The rattle sound can reduced by greasing the driveshaft splines on both ends with a good quality waterproof grease. Which should be applied anyways, as part of regular service.

In the water there should be no rattle from the driveline.

+1
    Make sure the bumpers are installed on both ends of the driveshaft.

Ah. The bumpers. I forgot about those. I remember reading about them, but I don't recall seeing one come out during disassembly. I'll have to take the thing apart again, see if it's missing or just stayed in the coupler when I pulled it apart.

Thanks again guys.

+1
    Should be one on each end of the drive shaft.

Should be is the key word there! Definitely missing the engine side bumper. Off to the parts store again!

Well. Had it out on the water today. Some minor electrical issue to figure out, the kill switch is too effective at its job. With the lanyard attached it still occasionally kills the engine. (That was a fun one to figure out, out in the middle of the *!&*@ lake)

It runs really strong on the top end, but I need to work on the idle/mid range. It doesn't idle well at all, too low RPMs. I didn't have time to play with the settings, but I'm assuming it's just the idle screw.

My biggest question, and apologies because I know this has been asked and answered here I just can't find the post. It has no giddyup out of the hole. If I coax it past 2500 then open it up it takes off like (I think) it should. But if I pin it from idle it just dies. I don't recall if I should be adjusting low-speed, high-speed or going to buy a pop-off tester. Low and High were set per the Clymer manual instructions.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information