Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeBandit View Post
    Consider "back-filling" the entire cable(s) with grease... i.e. using a small length of scrap hose, hose clamps, and a typical grease gun, "adapt" the gun nozzle to one end of the cable sheath (temporarily remove the factory seal 1st). Now, grease alone is way way too thick to force in, so I like to mix a slurry of marine grease and synthetic marine motor oil, as to thin it out some. Now simply pump that slurry into one end of the cable until it oozes out the opposite end. Replace the factory seal - done.

This has THREE benefits ... a) obviously lubes the cable - forever, b) most important, removes the air-space within the cable - aka sea water will have a harder time getting inside when the grease is already occupying all the available space, c) say water did get inside, the film provides an added barrier of corrosion protection. I ride 100% salt - its what I do ... well, that and retro fit small anodes to the rideplate and pump body.
    Good suggestion! I may do that on the rear of the cables. Even with grease in there things will still get wet so I’d like to not have the cable too stuffed full. If I fill the back end with grease that should still give me a chance to push oil through the front to flush out the cable occasionally. I also added to layers of heat shrink tubing around the ball joint fitting rubbers on the cables to help seal them better

+1
    Just ordered up a Rule bilge pump and a Nav light set. Been caught out after dark too many times. Thinking about trying the new TBM sponsons for the SXR. I like that they are an all aluminum design including the blades. Been very pleased with the fit and finish of the TBM products I've picked up thus far. Super stoked I was able to get an R&D rideplate with reverse brackets also! Handling and acceleration are the most crucial components to a good pwc imho.

+1
    Did just a little bit of work to the ski today. Going to pickup some more parts in the next few days. Worked on smoothing out the pump shoe. I co toured the shoe to match the hull and also profiled the tunnel in the shoe a bit to remove the hump and help load the pump better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	348BE30C-362A-4E47-9E2A-C926F9D668C2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	464307   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F6F726ED-C05F-4CED-878D-A38386CF0841.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	464306   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AD4B03F0-9110-4473-9EA3-733C56ACB4C3.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	464308  

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Trimming the hump made a huge difference on my na build with the 155mm pump, I never tried it on a 148 though.

Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    Trimming the hump made a huge difference on my na build with the 155mm pump, I never tried it on a 148 though.

Sean
    Since I’ve never run it as is I won’t have a basis for comparison. I just wanted to smooth out any transitions and load the pump a little more evenly. I had to shave off about 1/8” to make the shoe to hull transition flush! These parts are always so far out of spec. I bet that really accounts for speed variations with the same models

+1
    Just picked up a bunch of parts that were delivered today. Will start sorting them out and getting things installed soon. Rebuilt the throttle body (complete disassembly, cleaning, new seals and lubed all bearings). Will drop off valves at the machine shop. I’ve been waiting for 2 weeks for the stem seals from kibblewhite. I sent them an email and the tracking number magically started moving the next day. It seems most businesses are overlooking order details during these times.

+1
    Parts along with genuine Kawasaki trash can

R&D rideplate also came in along with the reverse bucket brackets. I’ll be running worx sponsons and grate since I’m very familiar with their lineup and have logged a lot of offshore hours on their sponsons and grate. The hookup and control in the chop and rough waters is great. It will scrub a bit of speed but between the rideplate, prop, engine machine work and air intake kit I should be back at a good solid speed. The goal is a solid 65 with great offshore handling

Name:	062BD1F6-0108-4001-A670-1BC12CBFD8E2.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	141.7 KB 
ID:	464602  

+1
    New liner installed in pump. Used green loctite sleeve retaining compound and sealed the liner to the housing

will smooth out the weld seam and reinstall the retaining screw

Name:	198EED09-16A4-4CC5-89F7-2BC99A655003.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	464698  

Incredible work!

+1
    Rebuilt the jet pump with the kp modification kit, new liner and solas 14/21. Had to clean up the liner a bit at the seam and a couple of other high points. Fits very nice now. Installed a bilge fitting and ride plate today. Valve stem seals came in finally so will finish the head this next week

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information