Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1

    310 LX Stalling (2020 Ultra, 8 hours on ski)

    Hey guys,

    Per manual and youtube videos, i fog my supercharger with MPPL after every trip out on the water (saltwater) post flushing and cleaning. Also use a generous amount of fluid film to coat the engine after every ride.

    When i fog it (10 seconds) i dont notice the engine bogging like they said it would. I also give it a little throttle at the end to send the fluid through a littile.

    Each time (took it out 3 times now) i initally start it up on the water, it stalls once or twice. It runs flawlessly the rest of the day, starting back up no problem after that.

    Is this normal? Am i messing something up?


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by rob310lx View Post
    Hey guys,

    Per manual and youtube videos, i fog my supercharger with MPPL after every trip out on the water (saltwater) post flushing and cleaning. Also use a generous amount of fluid film to coat the engine after every ride.

    When i fog it (10 seconds) i dont notice the engine bogging like they said it would. I also give it a little throttle at the end to send the fluid through a littile.

    Each time (took it out 3 times now) i initally start it up on the water, it stalls once or twice. It runs flawlessly the rest of the day, starting back up no problem after that.

    Is this normal? Am i messing something up?
    Did you let the dealer know ? That is not normal. Check the spark plugs maybe ?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-ultra View Post
    Did you let the dealer know ? That is not normal. Check the spark plugs maybe ?
    I didn't let them know actually. That wasnt too smart of me. I just picked it up yesterday after getting the initial 10 hour service. Could this be resultant of something that they would have corrected during that service or is it likely to happen again?

  4. #4
    steve45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,967
    +1
    801
    If you're spraying oil into the fogging port, and it's not slowing down, the hose probably isn't hooked up to the supercharger.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rob310lx View Post
    I didn't let them know actually. That wasnt too smart of me. I just picked it up yesterday after getting the initial 10 hour service. Could this be resultant of something that they would have corrected during that service or is it likely to happen again?
    They could have screwed something or not tightened something. The dealers around my place have morons for technicians

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    If you're spraying oil into the fogging port, and it's not slowing down, the hose probably isn't hooked up to the supercharger.
    Just traced the line, definitely connected.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-ultra View Post
    They could have screwed something or not tightened something. The dealers around my place have morons for technicians
    tell me about it.... It happened since the very first time though. Stalls right when i drop it in, but then turns over right after. For the rest of the day, no issues at all. Turns off and on, no stalling, after even pulling up to a beach for an hour or so.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rob310lx View Post
    tell me about it.... It happened since the very first time though. Stalls right when i drop it in, but then turns over right after. For the rest of the day, no issues at all. Turns off and on, no stalling, after even pulling up to a beach for an hour or so.
    So you start it out of water the. Put it in the water running ? Why ?

  9. #9
    steve45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,967
    +1
    801
    Don't beach it! Carry a screw-in dog anchor and park it in 2-3 feet of water. Keeps the hull from getting scratched and keeps trash out of the pump.

  10. #10
    4-keeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chalmette, La
    Posts
    1,270
    +1
    472
    Rob310lx, are we talking possibly just cold start up? I know Gina’s 16 310R kills every once in a while for the first startup/cold on the trailer. I always check the oil & ski out before heading off to the launch. I re-start once again on the trailer for a few seconds before backing her in the water. Keeping in mind like you said earlier, once the skis has started and idle/warmed up the ski never has not stayed running the rest of the day. I fog her ski after any saltwater/brackish ride with WD-40 I don’t hear the engine change much in sound while spraying it for 10 seconds at a time. Just check my signature on the hours she has now! Must be doing something right. Best of luck

    Billy D
    Last edited by 4-keeps; 06-15-2020 at 09:04 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New ski comparison GP1800 vs Ultra 310
    By merkdog in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-08-2018, 06:49 PM
  2. lube Jet pump bearings and seals after 25 hours on KAW ultra 310 x
    By 250stxrider in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2018, 09:50 PM
  3. FS 2016 Kawasaki Ultra 310 X * 5 Hours
    By stangbang in forum Kawasaki Skis
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2017, 02:14 PM
  4. SOLD 2016 Kawasaki Ultra 310 X * 7 Hours
    By stangbang in forum Kawasaki Skis
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-09-2017, 08:46 PM
  5. Most hours on ultra 300/310 models
    By Gsmith88 in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-25-2015, 12:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •