Thread: 05 R12X Code 45

05 R12X Code 45

I have a new to me 05 R12X. It has 84 Hrs and looks new inside. I took it out on the lake for the first time and got a code 45 and it went into limp mode. I was able to ride it for the next hour or so if i kept it under 33mph. I got home checked WGA it moves at 7psi and seems to move freely. I checked my WGS and I can blow through it while running and it rattles a little but I cant blow through it while off. I took it apart and it looks new inside. I called a parts guy and he said my waste gate may be stuck and take the eclip off and try to jiggle it. I cant figure out how to get the eclip off. So I pressure tested again and found a cut in the hose leading from the T to the WGA. Could that be my problem? I just replaced the hose but havent had time to water test it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepville View Post
    I have a new to me 05 R12X. It has 84 Hrs and looks new inside. I took it out on the lake for the first time and got a code 45 and it went into limp mode. I was able to ride it for the next hour or so if i kept it under 33mph. I got home checked WGA it moves at 7psi and seems to move freely. I checked my WGS and I can blow through it while running and it rattles a little but I cant blow through it while off. I took it apart and it looks new inside. I called a parts guy and he said my waste gate may be stuck and take the eclip off and try to jiggle it. I cant figure out how to get the eclip off. So I pressure tested again and found a cut in the hose leading from the T to the WGA. Could that be my problem? I just replaced the hose but havent had time to water test it yet.
    Replace the hose with the cut. Likely the problem.

Also in the hose.....there's a Tee fitting.....inside the short hose between that Tee fitting and the turbo housing should be a small brass "pill". It has a sized orifice that is very small (about 0.025" diameter). Make sure that pill orifice is not clogged up.

But my money is on the cut hose giving you that code 45.

I got it out on the water yesterday and it runs great. So it was the cut in the hose leading to the WGA.

Thread Information