Will the Garmin option available now for the 2020 FX fit a 2018 FX SVHO

Title says it all. Would love to have gps maps of the body of water Iím on as well depth info from a depth finder. Last year my wife and I went to a very large lake we had never been on before and we got a little lost. Was frustrating. I vowed I would never let that happen again and have been looking at mapping GPS/depth finder units. I want something that I donít have to modify the ski and donít really want to drill holes if at all possible. Therefore, was wondering if the new offering on the 2020 FX would fit my 2018 FX SVHO model.
    Thanks guys

Oh......is there a way to eliminate all the adds on this site? A paid membership or something like that?
    Thanks

The easiest way to have GPS without drilling holes would be to just carry a hand held. I have been using a Garmin GPSMap60csx for years. Its old now, but still works fine and gets the job done. I believe Yamaha offers the Garmin Striker 4 for the 19 and 20 FX. It is attached using the newer multi-mount plates with a 1" B sized RAM ball. I would recommend looking at the Garmin Echomap Plus 43CV or 44CV because they come with the mapping software (verify this per your location). The easiest way for you to add a B sized RAM ball on a 2018 FX would be to just add one to the left side dry storage screw cover. I will attach a couple pictures. As a hobby I make transducer brackets and GPS dash mounts for the FX. Just search for my name on Facebook, or the Internet

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MMA 600 RAM BB (5).jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	462745   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2007 FX (9).jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	462746   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2007 FX (11).jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	462747   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2007 FX.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	462748   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eBay Resized FX Cup Holder (10).jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	462749   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019 FX Multi Mount Double RAM Ball (3).jpg 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	462750  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020 FX MMB BHCA RAM D + GGAP.jpg 
Size:	140.1 KB 
ID:	462751   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019FX with Garmin.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	130.1 KB 
ID:	462753  

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by boondocksPWC View Post
    ... I make transducer brackets and GPS dash mounts for the FX.

Just search for my name on Facebook, or the Internet

You could perhaps include the URL link to your web site

https://boondockspwc.com/

Thanks
    I'm new on this GH site not sure if "self promotion" is allowed, so I am carefully learning my way around as a new member.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by boondocksPWC View Post
    Thanks
    I'm new on this GH site not sure if "self promotion" is allowed, so I am carefully learning my way around as a new member.
    Fair comment.

Click on My Profile in top right corner of this web site - add as much detail and location info as you feel comfortable providing.

There is a URL field in there too

Very Cool!! I’m glad you posted that info Boondocks!! I will be checking it out and quite possibly in touch! Thanks!!

Boondocks......do you happen to know anything about the Garmin units you suggested? I’ve been trying to find out the fastest speed you can run and still get accurate depth readings. I can’t find that info on the Garmin site I’ve been looking on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fandini View Post
    Boondocks......do you happen to know anything about the Garmin units you suggested? I’ve been trying to find out the fastest speed you can run and still get accurate depth readings. I can’t find that info on the Garmin site I’ve been looking on.
    I have a Garmin 45cv on my 2017 FXHO Cruiser. I love it and can’t imagine life without it. But I find it loses the floor (ie depth reading starts to flash) at around 40 km/h and above. It depends a bit though on the fuel load/trim and whether or not I have a passenger. I have the external transducer and I’m told it just needs adjustment. I’ve tried a few different angles for the transducer but mostly now I just slow down if I’m not familiar with the waters. Others with the same unit have a shoot through the hull transducer and don’t have the same problem but they also lose the water temp reading.

Thanks 2manybikes. I’m not planning on fishing from my FX so I don’t see any reason that I would need the water temp. I’d rather have the clean interior mounting transducer and have no extra stuff hanging off the back that could get damaged or worse hit my kneed on while trying to scale up the back onto the ski from the water. Any reason anyone might know why I should need to know the water temp if I’m not fishing?

Thread Information