Thread: 2020 rxt-x300

+1

2020 rxt-x300

I just picked up a new RXT-X 300 and looking for some info on what to keep an eye on or look out for as far as wear or preventative maintenance. Iíve owned a ton of skis but this is first BRP product. Iíve heard lots of chatter about carbon seal being weak link. What causes this?

I came off a GP1800 and that was great ski but after logging 3hrs on RXT yesterday, wow this Ski is life changing.

Any insight would be appreciated.

thanks

+1
    Congratulations on your new ski you love that I have the 2019 model. Besides the usual stuff check all your hose clamps to make sure they’re tight and check your oil level to make sure the level of your oil is halfway between the lower point in the high point on the dipstick. Also one of the first things you should do is put a catch can so you don’t get oil blow through onto your inner cooler. Are you plan on keeping it stock or modify it. I have owned four different 300 and the Riva stage two package is an incredible value and will get you to 80 miles an hour plus was very little $ and as reliable as stock. It is easy to make a custom 4 inch intake and some extra ventilation on that model in a much easier installation then the Riva intake.

I have owned over 30 Sea Doos and I only had one did the alignment was off so far that I had to have it realigned I guess I’ve been lucky. Just look for carbon on the bottom of your Hull after every few rides and if you don’t see any you probably have good alignment it don’t worry about it. If you do see carbon in the Hull get it aligned

Enjoy your new toy my friend you will love it!

+1
    Thx for the info. As for mods, I might do a stage 1 and that’s it. I modded the crap out of my GP1800 and got it out of my system. Thanks again

Riva sponsons will great improve cornering and stability.

5. +1 by:

+1
    When flushing run it on the hose for max one minute to protect your carbon ring from overheating as well!

7. +1 by:

+1
    I installed Riva Sponsons and all I can say is WOW!

+1
    You could spend hours of research on this forum trying to understand why the carbon seal fails. I have gone through 5 of them in 325 hours on my '17 RXT-260 and it wasn't until my independent mechanic realigned my thru hull fitting that I could get one to last. I believe the design is sound but there are too many uncontrolled variables in the manufacturing process at the factory. The result is many failures in the field that many dealer techs aren't capable of correctly fixing.

I'll still take a Sea-Doo over any of the offerings from Y or K which have numerous performance and design related issues.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Both my 18TX an 19PX had crap alignment. I fixed my PX and it doesnt leak a drop of water in the hull. My 18 splashes little bits of salt water on the SC which as flaked all the paint off...sucks. Going to pull out of the water one of these days and fix it.

When I buy a new ski, I'll be checking the alignment before it goes in the water.

Wish I would've had one of these;

https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...oducts_id=7802

Like others have said, Rive Sponsons, stage 1 or 2 flash, maybe a riva intake ...don't waste time on the IMUK not worth it, check alignment. You should be good to go for a long time. Maybe get a 2nd OEM impeller and have set for plus 300 RPM for florida summer weather.

12. +1 by:

Thread Information