Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks ordered 2, ill swap the working pump Into ski 1 and see if it will run

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotens22 View Post
    ... I’ll swap the working pump Into ski 1 and see if it will run
    Be careful with the fuel level sender arm and sensor. They tend to be fragile.

There is a specific orientation for the fuel pump in the tank so the fuel sender arm doesn’t contact the tank walls.

I forget which model goes which way but I seem to recall across the Virage and Genesis and MSX 140 (all With Ficht engines), at least one of them had the fuel sender arm pointing ‘the other way’ in the tank, to the front or to the rear.

I also recall bending the arm on one model to improve the fuel level accuracy on the dash. Again, I forget whether it was MSX 140 or Virage.

anyone have thoughts on ski 2? Everything seems to check out ok except that won't run even with a little gas poured into the intake

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Ski 2. Try swapping the EMM from the other ski.no need to move the fuel injectors over, for a test.

Also no need for water cooling. Cold engine is ok to start and run for 20 seconds or so without water.

Just hook up the alternate EMM, insert lanyard, press Start.

Lol I was already on moving the EMM over! And SUCCESS!!! SKI 2 started RIGHT up and by the time I turned it off (will not run it longer than 10 seconds) it was idling VERY smooth. But for the bad new I need the EMM rebuilt and the fuel pump is already ordered. When all the parts come in and are installed ill take them out onto the water and hopefully everything goes well.
    Last edited by Gotens22; 06-07-2020 at 08:50 AM.

Thank you all for your help! I'm glad things are moving in the correct direction. Now, HiPeRcO, I'm thinking about sending the EMM to Fichemmrepair.com because they have a performance boost that can be done. Is this recommended or should I just send it out out you guys at lakesidetech?

+1
    Thank you all for your help! I'm glad things are moving in the correct direction. Now, HiPeRcO, I'm thinking about sending the EMM to Fichemmrepair.com because they have a performance boost that can be done. Is this recommended or should I just send it out out you guys at lakesidetech?
    I have a gallon of snake oil I'd like to sell you. (Do you really think that the performance of a two stroke can be significantly enhanced without ANY mechanical changes to the engine, such as compression ratio, exhaust flow, etc?) (there has NEVER been any testing to show that the "performance upgrade" does anything to increase performance, other than the performance of his wallet). And do you enjoy exceptionally poor workmanship, poor after sales support, and overall bad customer service? FYI he was banned long ago from these forums...

(I realize that bashing one's competition can be considered bad form, but in this case, after repairing many of his hack jobs, I feel it is warranted. See my Facebook page for workmanship examples).

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    send it to Lakeside without even blinking

if it means anything, I'm in this business for 12 years and lakeside is my goto for anything emm, since my last goto got out of the business about 5+ years ago. Lakeside got in commercially because the last goto went out and left a significant need for a reliable pwc emm repair shop in the industry

I stopped working on two strokes a few years ago, but I'll still deal with a fried EMM because I know I'll get it back repaired the first time and there isn't another shop in the entire state that will touch a fuel injected two stroke anymore. We actually had a Polaris dealer in our town a decade ago when our lake was always on overflow and there were a good number of them around here. If I have to ship an emm back even one additional time eating the labor and insured shipping makes it a non-starter for me.

best performance increase for these models if you really want to know is to go on a diet and lose 20 pounds, that's an immediate speed and holeshot boost

by the way, that's my stock answer on that question

9. +1 by:

Yup, monday the EMM will be in the mail on its way to lakeside
    Last edited by Gotens22; 06-07-2020 at 08:40 AM.

+1
    Fichtemmrepair (HARRIS - 6157071273) screwed up three of my emms. Do not use him, he is a cheat and a liar. YOU WILL NOT BE HAPPY.

LAKESIDETECH will respond properly, do the work quickly, and stand behind it. YOU WILL BE HAPPY!

12. +1 by:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information