Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

2017 RXT-X 300 mod journey to 80+mph the past, present & future

Well since I've used the search function for my exact ski for every single mod I wanted and yielded nothing I guess it's about time someone starts one. On May 7th, I bought an amazing machine... 2017 RXT-X 300 (picture in my signature) with SEVEN hours and a trailer! I couldn't believe it still needing breaking in lol ... and that very day I put it on the water to get those three hours as fast as possible... Knowing I had a goal of 82-84MPH since I bought her, I have taken notes on everything I have done... this can be for your reading pleasure, comments, concerns, questions or anything in between but I know I love this machine as much as you do, yours. The following is my timeline THUS far - in regards to everything I've done, thought, ordered, will do and currently am thinking of doing or not doing lol ... I will update multiple times a week until I am done modding it "for now." (ALL SPEED &amp; MPH CLAIMS ARE BASED ON DASH SPEEDO) <br>
    <br>
    -From hours 7-10... I knew I had to treat this one as well as I "could" ... I just messed with the RPM range and MPH's without over doing her. I would get up to 6k/7k/7500k... back off. Hours 9-10 7k/7500k/7800k... back off... the speedo hit 10 hours and I went full throttle for what seemed like three hours (about 49 seconds) and fell in love. <br>
    <br>
    -So I got her home... and already had a Map Tuner X waiting for me to flash it and get rid of all the limiters &amp; goveners... <br>
    <br>
    -I hit the river with my buddy who also bought, from the same owner a 2017 RXP-X with 50 hours and another 2 years on warranty! We brought the woman this day but still went hard... the ski was now seeing 78MPH! I would line up with him and he was seeing 76MPH (same thing, just stock with a flash). Later that day... we left the girls on some boats and went out with our buddies with some GP's / FX SVHO's / FZR's and such ... (they were stock that day) <br>
    <br>
    -I ended up hitting <strong>79 MPH about 8080/8120 rpm - BONE STOCK WITH A FLASH AND REMOVAL OF LIMITERS</strong>... (probably around 73 degrees outside temp 60's for water) it was AMAZING... I am king of the jungle (because the Yamaha's were stock) and my buddies XP hull couldn't out perform the XT hull..<br>
    <br>
    -Let's fast forward... we have rode a couple times now... I'm probably up to 12/13 hours running strong and mighty and reliable... <br>
    <br>
    -I install the Fizzle SuperCooler with their hard pipes, a catch can and an amazing rear intake (not vented so far as I type this) PLUS an actual tune on the Map Tuner X, Riva Stage 1 power filter... <br>
    <br>
    -I'm more excited than anything... it's loud, more mods, an actual tune installed, I already have a "factory freak" probably built on a Tuesday when someone at the Manufacture bought everyone Starbucks... life is good...we get out there and BOOM ... <strong>I do 78MPH... SEVEN EIGHT MILES PER HOUR... at around 8120/8140 RPM</strong><br>
    <br>
    -Sweet bro, fin'g sweet <br>
    <br>
    -Ok whatever, I'm doing more... I'm researching hours every night with reading material and video material... <br>
    <br>
    -NEXT, let's add the Riva IMUK!!! <br>
    -This mod, I actually watch enough videos &amp; find enough content that I do this WITHOUT REMOVING the intake manifold ( I do have pics if you want) <br>
    <br>
    -Cool, now I have INTAKE, IMUK, CATCH CAN, INTERCOOLER, HARD PIPES.... ANDDDDDDDD UPLOADED THE STAGE 2 + IMUK TUNE &amp; 8500 RPM!!!! Now I'm ready to see 8x on the speedo... figure extra lb of boost, real AFR adjustments, up the limiter to 8500... I am f'ing ready for the 80mph club OBVI ... <br>
    <br>
    -So today is the day! <strong>06/04/2020</strong>... <br>
    <br>
    -It's hot out, but humidity isn't awful...yes it's the hottest I've been out riding thus far but let's recap my mods from when I was stock with reflash...<br>
    <br>
    -Intake (stack off SC, 90 degree off stack, oversized K&amp;N filter with front vents pointed at it), Fizzle IC + Pipes, Catch Can, IMUK &amp; STAGE 2 RIVA + IMUK 8500 TUNE<br>
    <br>
    -Alright let's crush it... warm it up and then beat on her with Stage 1 still installed... <strong>still seeing 77/78mph and 8120/8140 RPM</strong>... take a quick 10 minute break and load the Stage 2 + IMUK 8500 tune... and ready to finally be in the 80mph club... <br>
    <br>
    -Do 4 max speed runs / Do 4 max rpm runs... <br>
    <br>
    -<strong>77 MPH &amp; 8166 RPM ... SEVENTY SEVEN MILES PER HOUR &amp; EIGHTY ONE HUNDRED &amp; SIXTY SIX RPM<br>
    <br>
    </strong>-Now I'm just ready to go back to f'ing stock without even an intake and get my 79mph back ... or sell the ski &amp; get a vespa <br>
    <br>
    -So... as of writing this post at 8:20PM on 06/04/2020 I have only done ONE THING... <br>
    <br>
    -Removed my pump and dropped the unit off at Chris at Eastside Powersports to throw my SXX-CD 13/18 SS prop + SS wear ring in ... I will install in the AM and then get the f out there again and better be in the 80MPH club or I'm going to lose it... <br>
    <br>
    Based on this write up as of now... what comments, questions, concerns or input do you have for me!? <br>
    <br>
    F I'm exhausted...
    Last edited by rxtxme; 06-04-2020 at 08:53 PM.

+1
    You have two problems one is is the heat differential between winter and summer in both air temperature as well as water temperature and what that does to performance. I live in Arizona and have a 2019 RXTX 300 Rivs
    a stage 2 routinely hits 83 miles an hour dash in the cool winter months and I’m lucky to hit 79 during the summer months there’s generally at least a 3 mile an hour drop off between winter and summer temperatures. Also the factory impeller is too steep for the stage 2 set up you either need to have your factory impeller repitched by impros or somebody else or get the Solas 13/18.

+1
    I'm here to echo AZRIVERBOY.

Depitch prop, and in the cooler months you'll see 83-84. Summer months 79-80. I chose a slightly lower pitched prop to account for the high humidity and my elevation. It routinely spins 8300-8350 in the summer.

+1
    Thanks Man

That’s kind of what I figured - about to post an update too.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZRIVERBOY View Post
    You have two problems one is is the heat differential between winter and summer in both air temperature as well as water temperature and what that does to performance. I live in Arizona and have a 2019 RXTX 300 Rivs
    a stage 2 routinely hits 83 miles an hour dash in the cool winter months and I’m lucky to hit 79 during the summer months there’s generally at least a 3 mile an hour drop off between winter and summer temperatures. Also the factory impeller is too steep for the stage 2 set up you either need to have your factory impeller repitched by impros or somebody else or get the Solas 13/18.

+1
    What did you tell them to pitch it too?

Posting an update now too.

Quote Originally Posted by prowler1k View Post
    I'm here to echo AZRIVERBOY.

Depitch prop, and in the cooler months you'll see 83-84. Summer months 79-80. I chose a slightly lower pitched prop to account for the high humidity and my elevation. It routinely spins 8300-8350 in the summer.

+1
    **UPDATE**

Installed SS wear ring & Solas 13/18 prop ...

So I took it out yesterday when it was 90 degrees out and humid... not the whole day but the majority ...

At first I was with my girl and was running 75MPH spinning about 8080/8100 RPM so pretty much the same as before...

As the prop and wear ring clearance adapted and opened a little it would go up .. the best run of the day was after it had rained so cooled off a little but also was still hot... 80MPH 8280 RPMS and now part of the 80mph club lol

My question is this... Iím thinking of sending my stock prop out to JP, telling him my mods... telling him I want to spin 8400 and telling him my mods and getting a custom tune.

Thing is I have a map tuner x and license also would this be worth it?

Will the tune be that much better? Will I get 8400 from a repitch with current mods?

Is 80MPH going to be my max? I just want to see 82-84MPH without tapping into the head or doing further mods...

Normally on the 300 engines with the new SXX you should use 13/16 . 13/18 is too long .

+1
    Can the stock one be pitched to this ?

Quote Originally Posted by jetplane View Post
    Normally on the 300 engines with the new SXX you should use 13/16 . 13/18 is too long .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetplane View Post
    Sure it spins up about 200RPM more than the 13/18, but I found it slower than just using a stock prop. Eventually I went to 13/18 and found that to be just right for most conditions in FL.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxtxme View Post
    Can the stock one be pitched to this ?
    If you want to spin the stock one faster, send it to Impros or Skat and tell them you what X RPM more...they will make it work. Have them balance/race finish and fix the diameter so it doesn't rub the stainless ring. Probably be $150ish to have it all done. I'd be real concerned about running that 13/18 in a stainless ring. You might want to have a look at it and make sure it's not rubbing the ring. Those solas 3 blades aren't as strong as the stock props.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information