2007 Wake 215's heading to water for first time in 3 years... trailer help...

I posted in the trailer section already but thought I'd also post here since this has far more traffic.

I need some help here. I have a pair of 2007 Seadoo Wake editions on a double FE trailer and I'm trying to get the tongue weight and bow rollers situated, while also figuring out how to hold down the bows of the craft with the equipment i have.

First off, what is the total weight of these two skis and trailer? I am assuming about 800lb each ski and about 300lbs for the trailer. I'll add for fuel and equipment and go from there. Once i know the weight, I'll adjust ski position to achieve the desired tongue weight of about 10%? Is that right?

Next question is where to position the bow rollers? Not much space between the bow eye and the top rail on these but that's where the prior owner had them positioned. I dropped them low to see what the options were and you can see that in the pic below.

Next problem is how to hold the nose of these rigs DOWN so as to not become the guy with a watercraft on his vehicle's roof. I don't have anything low on the bow post to route the strap to. Do you guys use chains or cables to connect to the eye and somewhere down below that? Help!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9782.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	462649  
    Last edited by K447; 06-06-2020 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Link to prior thread

As far as tongue weight is concerned, no more than 15% max. The less the better. As far as the bow roller is concerned I like to position it right below nose of the ski. I then run the strap under the bow roller to the bow hook. Once it’s cranked down snuggly the bow can’t bounce around. For the rear I just use some small ratcheting straps.

3. +1 by:

Thanks.

I had to slide the skis back on the bunks because my tongue weight was over 260lbs, and that's with empty vessel fuel tanks and 3 empty 5 gallon gas cans. I'm going to have to slide them back even further after I fill up with fuel. How far should these things overhang the rear of the trailer.

Mine only hangs about half a foot over. I honestly never gave it much thought

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Blown98 View Post
    As far as tongue weight is concerned, no more than 15% max. The less the better. ....
    What is that based on?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by surfcitypops View Post
    Thanks.

I had to slide the skis back on the bunks because my tongue weight was over 260lbs, and that's with empty vessel fuel tanks and 3 empty 5 gallon gas cans.

I'm going to have to slide them back even further
    after I fill up with fuel.

How far should these things overhang the rear of the trailer.
    It sounds like this trailer is too small or just not configured for your hull size.

How old is the trailer? Manufacture date?

Is it rated for the weight of the watercraft?

I got that info from weigh-safe. They manufacture equipment for measuring trailer weight.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    It sounds like this trailer is too small or just not configured for your hull size.

How old is the trailer? Manufacture date?

Is it rated for the weight of the watercraft?
    Not entirely sure about age but the trailer is made by FE Trailers of San Diego specifically as a tandem PWC trailer so I think I'm good there.

And the more gas you have in the nose of the ski and in other containers near the front of the trailer, the further back you need to slide the ski in order to balance out that weight.

I'd like to see pics of how others set up their bow retention and how their skis are positioned in relation to the axle.

Thread Information