Arrow 99 STX 1100 "Am I missing a fuel rail jet??????

Can anyone tell me if this thing is supposed to have 3 jets in the fuel rail? The parts diagram does not show these..

I pulled the carbs apart and I think I found a potential issue.. On the first 2 carbs closest to the fuel pump under the needle jet bowl there are 2 little jets that come up from the fuel rail..
    Now the last carb in the chain does not have this needle jet.. Did someone previously lose it, or is there not supposed to be one in there?
    I can not see a listing in the parts diagram for these jets and I couldn't get them to blow, or tap out.. 2nd pic is the furthest carb from the fuel pump that is missing the little fuel rail jet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200604_104234.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	462627   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200604_104958.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	462628  

+1
    It's missing the seat for the needle valve.

The fuel rails are the 4 tubes on the outside of the carbs.

I took the needle valves, and the Needle jet seats out in the pics.. The picture shows these little jets below the seats. They are just above the fuel rails the feed the carbs..
    2 carbs have them, and the furthest from the case pump does not have this jet. I am trying to determine if they all should have this jet. It does not show in the exploded view of the parts catalog..

The first picture shows the jet the second pic is the carb that does not have it.

+1
    Oh! I guess I never noticed those. I suspect that it has something to do with metering the fuel pressure for the return line or something. I don't know for sure. I do know that the carbs are all different from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybourbon View Post
    I took the needle valves, and the Needle jet seats out in the pics.. The picture shows these little jets below the seats. They are just above the fuel rails the feed the carbs..
    2 carbs have them, and the furthest from the case pump does not have this jet. I am trying to determine if they all should have this jet. It does not show in the exploded view of the parts catalog..

The first picture shows the jet the second pic is the carb that does not have it.
    The carbs on my STX-R are the same way. One of them doesn't have one. I believe they are flow restrictors but I could be wrong. I posted pics about this in my very long thread but I would have to search to find. If you have some timet ake a look. It should be somewhere in the middle of the thread.

Here is a link to the page in my long thread about this: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...278520&page=60

I have a link in there that shows someone else here noticing the same thing. It appears to be normal at least that was my conclusion. Why they aren't shown in the service manual or any parts sites I don't know.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beekermartin View Post
    The carbs on my STX-R are the same way. One of them doesn't have one. I believe they are flow restrictors but I could be wrong. I posted pics about this in my very long thread but I would have to search to find. If you have some timet ake a look. It should be somewhere in the middle of the thread.
    That wasn't a very long thread, it was a novel! And an excellent one, too! I think everybody here probably learned something on that one, or at least they had to dig deep in the cobwebs of their brain to try to figure out what was going on.

I think that anyone new to JetSkis that wants to try their hand at fixing one should read it from beginning to end. It covered a LOT of stuff, and beekermartin, I think you're capable of tackling just about anything on that 'Ski now. Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    That wasn't a very long thread, it was a novel! And an excellent one, too! I think everybody here probably learned something on that one, or at least they had to dig deep in the cobwebs of their brain to try to figure out what was going on.

I think that anyone new to JetSkis that wants to try their hand at fixing one should read it from beginning to end. It covered a LOT of stuff, and beekermartin, I think you're capable of tackling just about anything on that 'Ski now. Good job!
    Thanks Steve. It certainly has been a long journey. Hopefully my ski holds together this season. If it does I'll be able to call it a successful journey!

Thread Information