Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ocatane booster which one an how much?

whats up guys , so by me here in NY most of the gas docks has 87-89 octane , im running a stage 2 tune and im thinking this may be where im loosing some speed an performance, what kind of octane booster do you guys use to get your skis to the 91-93 octane ? where do you get it from and how much do you add in a tank full of gas?

thank you in advance

+1
    Torco Accelerator, as for how much depends how many points you want to bump it. It is alot cheaper to buy it in the 5gal pails then 16oz cans

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hemikidd View Post
    whats up guys , so by me here in NY most of the gas docks has 87-89 octane , im running a stage 2 tune and im thinking this may be where im loosing some speed an performance, what kind of octane booster do you guys use to get your skis to the 91-93 octane ? where do you get it from and how much do you add in a tank full of gas?

thank you in advance
    this is the stuff I used on my Turbo ski, supposed to stay in suspension better than torco
    https://boostane.com/

But I honestly wouldn't bother unless you where running a big charger/big boost.

What rpm you turning right now?

4. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    this is the stuff I used on my Turbo ski, supposed to stay in suspension better than torco
    https://boostane.com/

But I honestly wouldn't bother unless you where running a big charger/big boost.

What rpm you turning right now?
    Torco does separate fairly quick, is Boostane easier on plugs?

+1
    I'm using some left over Torco from my Honda days. I bought 12 1-quart cans (2 cases) some time prior to 2008. Yes, its still good after all these years.

I held on to the empty cans in order to refill them from a 5 gallon pail of torco, but never did so. The idea was to carry one quart of Torco for mixing with marina fuel, no matter what octane fuel is available.

That said, I use 8 oz per a 5 gallon jug of 93 pump fuel. The effective boost in the octane rating is 97-98. I always refill the tank from a premixed 5 gallon jug with 8 oz of torco for consistent mix of Torco to 93 octane pump gas.

Today's data log showed 8800 rpm, 21 psi boost, 33* ignition timing, 74% injector DC and it ran lean at this rpm: .90 lambda on a .81 lambda fuel aim! The highest knock level was in cylinder 1 at 19.2% on a 75% threshold. This was not a sustained run at 8800 rpm....just a quick stab of the throttle. So, old Torco worked great, and it saved my engine!

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    I'm using some left over Torco from my Honda days. I bought 12 1-quart cans (2 cases) some time prior to 2008. Yes, its still good after all these years.

I held on to the empty cans in order to refill them from a 5 gallon pail of torco, but never did so. The idea was to carry one quart of Torco for mixing with marina fuel, no matter what octane fuel is available.

That said, I use 8 oz per a 5 gallon jug of 93 pump fuel. The effective boost in the octane rating is 97-98. I always refill the tank from a premixed 5 gallon jug with 8 oz of torco for consistent mix of Torco to 93 octane pump gas.

Today's data log showed 8800 rpm, 21 psi boost, 33* ignition timing, 74% injector DC and it ran lean at this rpm: .90 lambda on a .81 lambda fuel aim! The highest knock level was in cylinder 1 at 19.2% on a 75% threshold. This was not a sustained run at 8800 rpm....just a quick stab of the throttle. So, old Torco worked great, and it saved my engine!
    Turn on that closed loop!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    Torco does separate fairly quick, is Boostane easier on plugs?
    Nope! everything gets orange. hard on 02 sensor

+1
    use VP or Lucas for a real octane booster

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Turn on that closed loop!

If I were using only one O2 sensor I would do just that! Because I use 4 O2's, the M130 averages all lambda readings. And, if one sensor fails there is no fuel control while in closed loop fueling!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    use VP or Lucas for a real octane booster
    They all use MMT.....only the amount varies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information